The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you can see an improvement and wondering were else i can improve on?
Sorry for the blurriness of sse of the pics and bad camera angles:/ I personally see a huuge improvement but I want to know what you all think.
The pics go in order of newest to oldest:)
Thanks;)
The 1st 4 are the newer ones

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
I see a huge improvement. In the newer ones all i can say is push your heels down. You legs look good, they are under you. In the last 2 your legs are to far back. And i would suggest a little more release. Great Job :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a huge improvement. In the newer ones all i can say is push your heels down. You legs look good, they are under you. In the last 2 your legs are to far back. And i would suggest a little more release. Great Job :)
alright il do that thanks:)
yeah the last 3 are the older ones (from start of last year):)
x

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
a lot better! i think you still need to work on your crest release over the bigger jumps though, let your horse have his head. it doesnt matter so much over smaller jumps :)
really good jumper youve got there :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a lot better! i think you still need to work on your crest release over the bigger jumps though, let your horse have his head. it doesnt matter so much over smaller jumps :)
really good jumper youve got there :D
ok:) thanks:) i had a bit of a confidence crusher of a fall and just only got my confidence back there:) but il give more over the jumps:) thanks:)
i know hes amaazing! soo honest and just wants to please me!

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Lower leg is defintely more secure, and your release is better as well.

Still work on pointing the toe forward and gripping with the flat of your calf, rather than the back. When your leg is truly underneath you, you'll find it easier to open your upper body angle/get further away from his neck.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Very nice jumper. Lots of improvement, definately. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I cringed at one of those old photos, you wer elike sideways over his neck and I'm like O.O

Lolz. Anyway, the only critique I can offer you is put your heels down and a little more release. Buuut you were already told that :)

Good job!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lower leg is defintely more secure, and your release is better as well.

Still work on pointing the toe forward and gripping with the flat of your calf, rather than the back. When your leg is truly underneath you, you'll find it easier to open your upper body angle/get further away from his neck.

Keep up the good work.
Yeah thats what Im working away on now. Toes pointed forward and thumbs on top of the reins. Ive got into a bad habit of not having thumbs ontop of the reins so trying to iron that out too:)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice jumper. Lots of improvement, definately. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I cringed at one of those old photos, you wer elike sideways over his neck and I'm like O.O

Lolz. Anyway, the only critique I can offer you is put your heels down and a little more release. Buuut you were already told that :)

Good job!
Aw dont worry i cringed A LOT looking at those pics and old videos! I had lost all confidence in him jumping so i stopped giving with my hands but were over that now:)
thanks a lot:)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good!
You want to deff do more of a release and move your hands up horses neck more.
Your doing good!
ok i thought i was up a good bit in the new pics:/ maybe not:)
thanks;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
definitely looking better now!

You're brave, I wouldn't jump that height!!! :lol:
haha aw just point ozzy at a fence and he'll try everything he can to clear it! He'd rather go threw it then stop so its nice to have that reassurance:) lol

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You look so much better! Good job! Keep it up. :)
I'm seriously in love with Oscar! If he happens to dissapear, don't come looking here ;) haha...
Haha aw everyone loves Oscar lol
Haha..

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree with Maura, your leg looks much more secure in the first few pictures as well as your release, and you seem more in sync with his jump.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.