The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it'd be beneficial and fun to start a thread about possible buys and how to make the wait seem shorter:). Share your tips and/or possible buys!

Okay I've been looking for a horse that will take me further in my riding, so I found a perfect one that I'm going to look at tonight at 7. It's currently 11:15. The waiting is killlinnng me. I hate waiting to go see horses because you just want it to be NOW, you know? One horse I had to wait three weeks to go see, only to get a call the day before I was to go look saying they sold the horse! Anyway, I found the ad yesterday and set up an appt today to go ride her.

^^Sorry for the pic overload! She's a 6-yr old 16hh TB. Very well-schooled in dressage, recently started jumping and the seller said she LOVES jumping. Theyre training her Western right now, she's great but doesn't understand neck reining.

So excited! I think a lot of people (like me) would benefit from tips on how to make the wait seem shorter.....any and all are appreciated:).

Share your possible buys, guys!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
gorgeous horse!
im waiting to get my horsey here haha its killing me one more week.
my time spent waiting to go see her for the first time was spent listening to music dancing around my house for an hour, i made cookies and watched the hangover haha by that time my dad was home(he truck drives nights) and he just had to get cleaned up and we would go

·
Registered
434 Posts
I usually look at the pictures I have about twenty million times :lol:.

Then I go into research/info gather mode. So in your case I'd be googling OTTBs or how to teach a horse to neck-rein. I've heard TBs are often hard keepers, so I'd be looking up diets and feeds for hard keepers. If you were considering learning English since that's what she's schooled in,then I'd be looking at videos of English riders or looking up trainer recommendations in my area, you get the idea :D.

Oh yeah, and I'd probably be spending a lot of time right here on HF :wink:.

BTW here's a picture of an old guy we might be getting given, but I won't be able to see him till Thursday, and that's only if they don't have to cancel like they did last Thursday.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
When waiting to see Kariba, it was a couple days. But then, I had a month wait before we could set up an appointment. THEN, we had the option to not go see her again and get her early with a $$ discount, or see her and ride her in ANOTHER week with a $ increase. We chose the early one. But in the waiting time, I read horseforum, researched Morgans, looked at her breeding,lines, and conformation, looked at the same pics a million times, sire anddam pics, and spent HOURS on horseforum! I still spend hours on horseforum anyway, but.........lol
Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm doing the research thing, I have a file on the computer and a folder full of stuff in my room so I can look through on and off the computer. I'm comtemplating a possible loan of a youngster from the ILPH up til breaking age (nothing definite at all yet) so I'm looking into what to do with them before that and looking into costs of insurance etc. I've got a while to wait before it becomes even slightly possible as I need to get a job first then build up a fund for travel and other immediate costs. Been looking at a book about teaching dressage to youngster which I quite fancy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went to see a horse this past Wednesday, and I really, really like him. We just had a vet check done, and it looks good. All we have to do is wait for the x-ray results. XD I'm nervous and excited! His name is Aqua, he is super sweet, and he loves going down trail. That makes me really happy, because I haven't been trail riding in ages :D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm still earlier in the process..still waiting to sell my guy first though it will be pretty soon as I have one person I'm pretty sure will buy him and several lined up if not
I'm looking at a ton of horses but really interested in this mare...dying to go see her but I can't risk it in case my guy isn't sold as soon as I think he will be
They don't have any pictures up but the description of her is EXACTLY what I'm looking for..and I've already asked the seller a few questions because I couldn't help myself but trying not to ask too much because I don't want to waste her time if she gets sold before I can get out there.
This is her Dream Horse ad:
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1542368 - Apple

To pass my time I'm actually in the process of clearing land to plant a garden and grow my own vegetables and tea which will be awesome!
I have a ton of work to do but I don't mind because it gets the time past faster, haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.