The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
More pics??? It's hard to tell from just this one.

She is more bracing against the bit though, and not really driving from behind. However, if this is only your first time working on engagment, you've got a long ways to go (that's not meant as offense, either). She's young, and learning, so you've got a lot of time to work on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i've only asked for engagment from her truely twice this pic being from the second time. I have been working mostly on asking her to come down long and low and reach for the bit. would this be a correct way of going apon it? will hopefully get more pics shortly.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Does she break at the poll? In the picture it looks like she has alot of brace through her neck. If your going to be riding her western then she will need to learn to break at the poll and stay off the bit. Your reins will need some drape to them before I would say that she is soft enough through the neck and back to engage her hind end much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! hopefully i'll get afew more pics , maybe a video? this weekend so i can get some more feed back .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.