The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I rode Cash today for the first time in a long time, and its the first tim I've ridden him without my trainer around. I've only cantered him like twice before.

This time though wow he was so lazy, you took you leg out and stopped giving him rhythm for a second and he wanted to break ahaha. He feels much different when your ride him now (he's been trail ridden/outside again for awhile). He's a lot quiet, feels way more relaxed, finally he's starting to get broke.

He still need to get a little broke in the head and neck but thats coming. That was what was our issue before and he just didn't want to let you, now he's more willing to let you.

He's weak too obviously, but that will come with age/time. He's wanting to start to go slow for you and jog/lope. But I moved him on and did english today because my trainer can work on the pleasure with him ahha.

He was so much fun to ride today there was definitely a change in him mentally, which makes me really excited to show him.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
He looks great and many I metion the great frame he is in low head and soft face! =)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks its getting there.

Believe it or not we had to keep turning him out because he wouldn't soften in his face, just wanted to fight. Now that he's been turned out and trail ridden a bit he's much more willing. And I think it'll only get better, it just needs to get a tiny bit more consistant to be showable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts