The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my cat for going on 8yrs and in '07 she acted like she wasn't feeling well but after a week of being treated with baby aspirin she got better. tuesday she started acting the same way again and will eat a little bit just wondering what is going on with her.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Please please please don't give your cat baby asprin unless under a vets supervision. Asprin can kill your cat, internal hemorrhaging and you won't know it until the packed cell volume is too low to sustain life.
Is it indoor or outdoor cat? Current on vaccines? Sometimes just like people they get a little bug and don't feel well but will rest and recover on their own. Make sure it's eating and drinking, even if you have to resort to stinky canned food. Please no asprin it will not help a thing with a sick cat. Even tiny doses of injectable PCN- G are better if it needs an antibiotic and you cant afford a vet. But unless you're seeing lotsa snot or hearing congestion and coughing, kitty may just be feeling a little yucky in the heat like everyone else.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she stays inside cause whenever i got her i intended on house breaking her in '05 and such i'm gonna have her checked out when she starts getting better because she's lost some of her hair from her back to her part of her tail

·
Registered
258 Posts
What do you mean by acting like she's not feeling well?

And I also second the huge NO to baby aspirin and any other human medication for animals, with the exception of gravol for carsick dogs.

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
No, have her checked out now, please. Sounds like mange, and you can't cure that without a vet's help.

I've never heard of housebreaking a cat. Either give them a litterbox if they're never allowed out, or make them an indoor/outdoor kitty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as i said i do plan on getting her checked out. and she just generally acting like like she's not feeling well she done the same thing back in '07 and after a week she got back to normal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, have her checked out now, please. Sounds like mange, and you can't cure that without a vet's help.

I've never heard of housebreaking a cat. Either give them a litterbox if they're never allowed out, or make them an indoor/outdoor kitty.
i know, i had a chow dog that i had from '92 till 2000 and he had the mange on his stomach area. he was 13yrs old when he died on christmas eve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.