The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So recently I have noticed a larger amount of people having problems with the “Horse Chat”. So I was wondering has the amount of posts you need changed. Fire walker TWH has been having a problem with getting into the chat, and has 31 post and been a member since January? Along with this, what are the reasons that members can be kicked out of chat for. Also are there some things that are un-appropriate in the chat, discussion wise. Also the second part of my thread, is in regards to text speak, could someone make it clear on the exact rule of this and how this rule will/is enforced? What will the consequences of using text speak be? Thank you for reading this and replying. I’d just like it if someone could make it clear, I am a slight bit confused on it all.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Maybe it is just me but when I see posts of people having just joined then rushing through posts to get their count up only to have them post why they can't get into chat, I cringe.

Mostly because it looks obvious to me that is all they want to do and making legitimate posts on the main forum is only a means to an end. I cringe even more when I see the manner of how those posts are made with little regard to correct spelling. I don't mean having an odd word wrong but when the words are so bad that it looks like an 6 year old wrote them it tells me that all they want is a social text talk place to talk.

To those that are trying to get into chat I believe there is a 15 day waiting period as well so you really do have ample time to look your post over and do a decent spelling and grammer job.

No wonder I avoid chat like the plague.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for that Spyder! Personally think that to the regular members of the site that post count doesn't matter to them.

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi ChingazMyBoy,

It looks like the chat room currently requires 30 posts before members can enter so as to prevent abuse. As for Fire Walker TWH's issue, it appears she had 28 posts at the time she posted about her difficulty entering chat. http://www.horseforum.com/using-horse-forum/i-have-28-posts-still-cant-47092/

As for net speak, you can read about our rules regarding the usage of net speak here: http://www.horseforum.com/horse-forum-rules-announcements/please-do-not-use-net-speak-42335/

Finally, we are going to be implementing some changes soon to make chatting here more enjoyable for members of all ages. We'll be posting an announcement about it soon, so keep an eye out for it.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou Mike! Your reply was great, I am no longer confused (although confusing me isn't hard to do!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts