The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried numerous times to go into the chat room, but when I click on the horse chat option at the top, a new completely blank web page comes up with nothing in it. I currently use safari, but I did download and try opening it in firefox, but it still doesnt work.

Is chat working? has another mac user been able to get into it?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I just tried it M2G and it worked fine for me. I'm using Safari 5.1.9. Though, I clicked on the link right above the section that shows which users are in chat. Can you try that and let me know?

ETA: I tried the link at the top and that also worked for me. Is your browser set up to open stuff up in a new tab? Mine is not and that could be the difference.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No I still get it to work. I do have the newest version of safari 6.0.5

The website should work with the newest version...I cant make sense of it.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Ok...I'll send a note to tech support and have them look at it M2G. Thanks for checking. :)

Oh...and by the way...my settings *are* set to open up a page in a new tab. duh! :)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to do tech support for apple, so I new it wasn't a new tab issue. Didn't want to hurt your feelings hehe.
Thanks for helping me the problem!

·
Administrator
3,258 Posts
I have tried numerous times to go into the chat room, but when I click on the horse chat option at the top, a new completely blank web page comes up with nothing in it. I currently use safari, but I did download and try opening it in firefox, but it still doesnt work.

Is chat working? has another mac user been able to get into it?
Hi M2G, I'm looking into it for you and will test some things out. I was able to get it working okay from my end on Firefox though. I'll keep you updated as soon as I can.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
CG - Community Support

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just reloaded firefox again in case I had not loaded it properly, but I feel the issue has to be from the newer versions of safari and firefox not mingling with the forum-beecause I still cant get chat to open.

I used to never have problems with opening chat until we got updates, and not it just wont work. Let me know if anything else is updated so I can try again.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone able to figure out how to fix the chat room?

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still not working. Ive also tried this from a work computer.

·
Registered
13,661 Posts
Still not working. Ive also tried this from a work computer.
Is it a Mac also?

People have been on chat from time to time, I guess they do not have Mac's

No word yet from tech, the chat room was modified and some codes changed when installed, my guess is the current programers are having a hard time deciphering how it was modified by Mike.

The Carrot locator is another one they are working on... no word on that one either..... sorry for the problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts