The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the tack section, but I thought I'd post this in the NH section too.

I'm not sure if anyone knows about this sight, so I thought I'd share it with everyone who wants the "Parelli" type tack but doesn't want to spend unreasonable amounts of money. I just bought a halter and lead for less than half the price I bought my Parelli halter and lead for (including shipping). The halter and lead matches my Parelli ones exactly. the only slight difference is the rope is a tiny bit thinner (not much at all) and the halter might be a hair (if that thicker). I also bought the barrel reins. They are really nice and soft. not thick at all. The site has more variety - color choices and sizes. I really like it. Sorry if something like this has been posted already:) E&M Natural Horse Training - (Powered by CubeCart)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Parelli rips people off. Any other equipment is just as good, just not overpriced. Actually nowdays, anything with a label of "natural horsemanship" has a price that goes up about 30%. I was at one of my local horse shops the other day and a normal lunge rope(of much better quality) cost about $25.00 but the one labelled "natural horsemanship lunge rope" cost $63.00. I make my own lunge ropes to ensure quality and half the clips and colors I want for half the price of a normal lunge rope.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree. I just love the material of the ropes so much. That's why I bought from Parelli, but now I buy from eandmnaturalhorsetraining. The price is very reasonable! I wish I could make my own though.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I DO think certain NH stuff is overpriced. However out of curiosity I checked the price on yacht rope they use for the lead lines in my local TSC. $1.99/foot. Now with 24 feet and clip it's $50 + work to combine it together. Stacy Westfall and Scott Purdum (our local) sell 24 feet yacht rope lunge line for $50. So if I'll do it myself from the same type of rope it'll cost me same. And yes, the QUALITY of those ropes is better then $10/10 ft lead I can get at the local auction (and way better then cotton lead line I got for $12). Since I'm not rich, I use the cheap lunge line, but... Just something to think about before saying "rip off"...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
What is the difference between the Parelli snap and non-Parelli snap?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Oh, thank you! So is it easier to release or something? I've never seen it before...:)

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I totally agree. I just love the material of the ropes so much. That's why I bought from Parelli, but now I buy from eandmnaturalhorsetraining. The price is very reasonable! I wish I could make my own though.

You can, it is called "bull rope" Bull Rope - Knot And Rope Supply Ltd. and it is a heck of a lot cheaper. You can also buy a "carrot stick" that looks identical to a nh one for around 3 bucks, plus the grip if you really need one and are opposed to duct tape, if not it uis around 3 bucks...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
You can, it is called "bull rope" Bull Rope - Knot And Rope Supply Ltd. and it is a heck of a lot cheaper. You can also buy a "carrot stick" that looks identical to a nh one for around 3 bucks, plus the grip if you really need one and are opposed to duct tape, if not it uis around 3 bucks...
I actually got carrot stick (rigid one with the rope and leather or whatever on the end of it and nice bright yellow color :) ) for $8 or $9 at the expo last month (MUCH cheaper then PP or CA ones). Actually I've seen 2 or 3 vendors selling it. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the vendors.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You should be able to find lunge whips (carrot sticks) at your local tack or feed stores. Mine was around 5 $ and it has lasted almost 4 years.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
You should be able to find lunge whips (carrot sticks) at your local tack or feed stores. Mine was around 5 $ and it has lasted almost 4 years.
Actually carrot stick is pretty different from lunge whip or dressage whip. :) They are much more rigid and if you hit the horse with the same energy carrot stick is more gentle. I personally prefer it over the lunge whip (I have both) to reach the hindquarters if needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.