The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a cheap sports watch they'd recommend? If so, can you post a link to a product page? I know I could just go to Amazon and look; but working in the industry, I don't trust anything like that (cheap tech products) that they sell, unless someone I trust recommends it to me.

I just need something that will tell the time, has a timer feature, ideally water and shock resistant. And is reliable. I'm going to start timing my training rides for Pony and Teddy, and for various reasons I can't use my phone for that.

Also, I'm the first person to post in this forum! I guess it's a new one, but still! I'm a pioneer!
:Angel:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm trying to find the model of mine. I've had it since Christmas of 2017 and I haven't had to replace the battery yet. It's waterproof up to 30 meters and has an alarm, date, and stopwatch (timer). It's lightweight. I've worn it through all sorts of weather and have ridden in it and it's in great shape. I'll have to ask mom if she remembers where she got it. I can't find it anywhere on the internet. I'm surprised it's held up this well. I'm usually really rough on watches.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I had this watch for quite a few years now.

https://www.amazon.com/Armitron-Spo...=Sport+watch&qid=1553734787&s=gateway&sr=8-21

I very much like the size of it and the ease of use. I have stupidly small wrists and this watch doesn't make me look like a small child wearing their parents watch.

I also second Timex watches. My previous watch was a Timex but after about 4 years or so I just decided to replace it. Still works though!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have an armitron from Target that I wear to work (ambulance), and swimming. I've only had it for like 6 months (it was a desperation purchase when I needed a watch - ordinarily, I hate digital watches for the ambulance) but it's holding up nicely. Was about $12 I think. I've liked Timex watches as well. I actually have a dirt-cheap one I bought at CVS several years ago that's still chugging away, I had to replace the battery and the LCD screen is slightly damaged from being submerged after said battery change (it, um, probably wasn't meant to have the battery changed). That one was like $5 on clearance, from $8 new. CVS rarely has them. Rite-Aid seems to be the only drugstore/pharmacy that consistently has watches now, for cheap ($10-$18). Target clearance might be a good option, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
have you looked at Shopworn Coupons?
There are many cool watches available at very cheap price.
I also recently bought a watch from their discounted coupon.
I am sure you will also get one at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found that Casio holds up well and have a a 10 year batterie life not sure on shock absorbent but it is waterproof

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Timex Ironman watches are great. $30 on up. Casio and Timex both have watches under $30 that are good.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i had a timex for years, found it again while cleaning out my truck and debating on new battery or new watch.

think about the material for the watch band, the fabric was really comfortable but on warm days it could get a funky smell from the sweat buildup of a teenage boy haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts