The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trainer has been throwing around theories about why Moonshine may have a hard time staying on the rail on one side. One theory is that she may be somewhat vision impaired on that side. I don't think it's terribly likely, but I don't think it's out of the question either. Before I get a vet out to check what is basically just a random theory, is there any way I could try to get a sense of this myself? Any behaviors or symptoms that might prove or disprove it? Or at least make it more likely?

To be clear, I am not necessarily opposed to getting the vet out to check this, but BO is also throwing out "anxiety" (Moonshine is a pretty calm horse, but when she gets upset she does hide it), and a few months ago she wanted me to put her on Regumate. I mean, she was really emphatic about that (I didn't do it). So I'm not really putting a whole lot of weight behind the newest theory; and I'm not inclined to pay to find out she was wrong, again, if I don't think there is at least some likelihood that she is right.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone...?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts