The Horse Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
An update for you all - His doing okay. On top of his colic he got an eye infection from another horse, it's not major. But I have to treat it by putting antibiotic's in his eye. Needless, colicy horse didn't like that. Colic wise - he seems to have stopped drinking, so I had to syringe feed him some water. It didn't do much, but at least he got some and his showing some discomfort. :(

We just left him not long ago. One of the instructors from Pony Club offered to do the first check on him tonight - meaning I actually get some time to sleep and eat. She said she'd call me and let me know how his doing. So I'll update you all again then if you like?

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Oh, dear......I hope this resolves too. So sorry you and Chinga are having to endure this. Big hugs for both of you and your family. I'll be looking for updates and pray they will all be good ones.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Instructor called me at - 7.45: he was doing well. Let out a big neigh when he saw her. :)said he was looking good & happy. But still hadn't drunk anything. Though, was nibbling at some grass.

And basically the same report from me when I just got back now. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
8 AM update - still not drinking, but everything else is looking okay. It's really a bit of a puzzle, how well he is without drinking. We're giving him some oral electrolyte pastes and syringing him with water often. We've been in contact with our vet, so they know what is going on.

His doing okay though, not going to the bathroom enough either - but there's still enough there for us to know that his doing okay.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Poor guy, hope he's better soon!

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you, I'll try to keep the Forum updated. Although - I'm trying to keep people informed on Facebook as well and the lack of time/sleep I'm having is making it a challenge.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Get well soon Chinga.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Woah. :)
His looking GREAT. Enjoyed a small feed & had a big drink before playing in his water.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Monday Morning -

All is looking okay with Chinga, thank you to those who have PM'd me, Facebook Chatted me and replied on this thread. All your support has meant a lot to both Chinga and I.

This morning I checked on him & gave him some feed, while I was filling up his water bucket he came over for a big drink & a scratch. His quite happy, I'll be sure to give him a big hug for you all.

THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Good luck Chinga!

Reactions: ChingazMyBoy

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Fantastic! Glad he's doing well!

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Great to hear he'sover it & getting back to being himself. My mare had a little bit of discomfort Friday, but not even laying down, , so maybe just a little "gas", as she kept eliminating & was ready for her dinner that evening. She's been throught a lot this past week so it's not surprising-(the move & all).

21 - 36 of 36 Posts