The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you read any futher, any comments about selling him will just be ignored. I decided to make a new thread so I don't have those contining comments.

So, Chinga is off to the trainers on Monday (Yay). Basically he is learning manners and how to be a good horse :) -- But in technical horse speak -- So they are working with him from the ground up for around three weeks. Then when he gets back, the trainer will be working with him and I together every day and eventually only once a week and then around 12 months later we will be riding every day by ourselves -- unless in a lesson. I'm super excited to see where the future takes him :). I'll update this thread with what I hear on how his training goes.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yepp! I'm super excited for him :) His going to be an A+ Pony at the trainers :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would take lessons yourself from a good professional in your area on school horses so that you don't stop riding for the time he is away. I would also have them tailor your lessons to getting your seat, hands and leg very independent and working on your balance so that you will have a better chance of riding Chinga correctly when he comes back. I would ask the person you are sending him to get trained with to recommend an instructor in your area that they think would complement the training they are putting on Chinga or take lessons from the same person on a different horse if that is a possibility.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
So happy for you and Chinga...it sounds like you should be working seamlessly as a team soon!

And I agree with the others who said to try to get lessons and work on your seat while he's away.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Well, it's the best way you could go IMO. Are they gonna ride him as well those 3 weeks or just work on ground?

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they will be riding him. I will be taking lessons from the trainer both on Chinga (later on) and schooled horses.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Good, Maddie. I've always shut my mouth when it comes to you & Chinga, but I'm glad you "see" now what you need to fix. Pleeasseee get lessons on different horses before you even think of riding Chinga again. This will not only result positively for you, but also for Chinga. Good luck, learn well :wink:.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I am very glad to hear your new approach with Chinga, and I wish you all the success in the world. And Kudos to you for continuing to try and seek out different ways to help him rather than giving up.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Yes they will be riding him. I will be taking lessons from the trainer both on Chinga (later on) and schooled horses.
That's a good approach. And I'm sure trainer will be able to tell when Chinga and you are ready for each other, so it'll be much safer too. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Regardless, I still think selling him would be better. Yes, I know that will be ignored. There's just so much mind-changing, it's hard to be hopeful about your training threads any more.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Maddie, I think it's great that your sending him to the trainers and I hope they can fix him :) Thats all you can do is hope.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I look at it like this, she has made it clear that she isn't going to sell the horse (for now) so why keep bringing up selling?. Atleast the horse and rider are seeking "professional" help and not just trying to figure it out on their own.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thankyou guys. I hope he does well.. Like he should. I will try to keep you updated as much as I can.. 5 days till he leaves!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I would like to suggest a full 30-60 days at the trainers, rather than just three weeks...I think Chinga and you would only benefit. Three weeks is not a whole lot, when you really think about it. Get as much time into him by someone who knows what they are doing, as you can, then have them help you how to work with Chinga.

Best wishes to you both :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yay you! I'm sooo glad that you are sorting through this, because sorry to say but it won't be the same when we don't hear anymore Chinga news...

Please keep us undated, and tell us how everything goes with both of you two through this training experience. And don't forget, lots and lots of pictures! :wink:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will attempt to post updates and pictures.. But life is pretty busy..

I am unsure how long he is going I believe it is 3 months (90 days)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.