About a week ago I got a phone call from my friend at the barn saying that Jack was choking and I needed to call the vet immediately. He was seriously choking for about an hour (fluids exiting the mouth and nostrils) and about 15 minutes prior to the vet getting there he seemed to have passed the blockage. I went ahead and had the vet sedate him and stick the tube up his nose and down his throat to make sure everything was out of his airway. About two weeks ago I switched Jack's feed pan from the ground to a more head level spot. I also stopped putting his hay on the ground and started using a hay net. Do you think that this could have caused him to choke? I know horses are natural grazers and should be fed on the ground so I went back to feeding him that way. I also started to water down his grain in more of a soupy mixture so it can go down his throat much easier. Is there anything else that I could do that could possibly prevent this from happening again? Thank you!