The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my horsie friends. i usualy ride english but i have always been a western girl... but i do need some advice on how to apply the cinch and i dont own a horse but hopefully will get one in a year or two.. anyway i would like some pics showing you attaching the cinch with ur answers if possible thanx:wink:

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
There are a number of videos out there such as this one: Western Riding Tying The Cinch - VidoEmo - Emotional Video Unity

The second way to tie-off the billet instead of the knot as shown in the video, is to use the tongue of the cinch in the proper hole of the billet. The balance of the billet is run through the keeper to keep it from just hanging there.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
This is also a good video showing the other way to tie off a cinch. He also dose what I do and tighten it 3 times so that your horse dose not get cinchy.

- VidoEmo - Emotional Video Unity

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
There are a number of videos out there such as this one: Western Riding Tying The Cinch - VidoEmo - Emotional Video Unity

The second way to tie-off the billet instead of the knot as shown in the video, is to use the tongue of the cinch in the proper hole of the billet. The balance of the billet is run through the keeper to keep it from just hanging there.
I think the term you are looking for instead of billet is latigo. Billet is usually only used to refer to the cinch attachment on the offside.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I think the term you are looking for instead of billet is latigo. Billet is usually only used to refer to the cinch attachment on the offside.
LOL:D

I know but since the OP is an English rider, I used that term for them to better understand. Should have explained it better - thanks for pointing that out, Kevin.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone i realy appreciate your responses :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.