The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recognize what kind of Circle Y this is? I'm trying to find the model but can't. the serial number I was given is 2131 1600089710. I'm going to see it on Wednesday and try it on my horse. It looks like its in really good condition.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think that serial numbers got too many numbers, but what I can find is that 2131 is/was Arabian style. so that's something.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Look on the Circle Y website- they have a guide to decoding their serial numbers. I'm not a western person, so I can't help you much more than that.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
If you post a pic of the serial number (there will be a metal plate under the front part of the skirt and the serial number will also be engraved in the leather by the fender) on Circle Y's Facebook page, they will help you with the number.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2131 arabian model
1 - medium tree
6 - 16inch seat size
00 - dark oil color
08/97 - made August 1997
10 - unique # for this specific saddle

It looks like an Arabian model.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tack Jack

THANK YOU!

I haven't tried this saddle out yet, was going to but didn't have the $ at the time. So hopefully this weekend. We'll see if it fits my short backed boy.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Beyond the Arab tree thing, it looks more like a trail saddle to me. It doesn't appear to have a rigging suited to heavier disciplines....so probably the tree wouldn't be either (by heavier disciplines, I mean roping or ranch work type stuff where there is a lot of pressure and torque put on the tree/rigging).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.