The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to break a 3 year old. I would like to start her in a hackamore. I was looking at Clinton Anderson's, but I woud like more input about it from people who have actually used it. Pros/Cons?
Also, does anyone have it who would like to sell it or know of anyone with one? A used one would be just perfect...already broke in!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That bridle looks to me like a glorified pencil bosal. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

I wouldn't start a horse in a bosal, because of the lack of turning ability. I'd suggest using a sidepull (one without the cord-type noseband), or if you truly need a little more stoppinf power, try an indian bosal (not a true bosal, it's made of rope).

Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just remember that the bridle you posted is meant to be used neck reining. If yourhorse doesn't know how to neck rein (which I'm assuming he doesn't, because you want to start him in it) there is going to be a huge jumble of signals and you'll end up woth a very confused horse.
I strongly suggest a side-pull, as always.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.