The Horse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to purchase some clippers to do the face, legs and bridle path. Id prefer cordless. Theres just so many to pick from I dont know which are good! Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
You can find smaller cordless clippers normally online at different tack and horsecare sites. Thats how i got my whal hand held and i love it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Analisa which one do you have?

No one else has clippers? I just need to know which are the favorites...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I have Wahls (because it's cheap). They do the job on head, but I wouldn't use them on legs or body. Frankly I'm thinking about getting something stronger/better. I've heard Oster is a good brand.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you want cheap ones go for wahls. If you have some money to spend I would rather go with osters and if you want to go all out I think the best are andis.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Banned
864 Posts
If you want cheap ones go for wahls. If you have some money to spend I would rather go with osters and if you want to go all out I think the best are andis.
I only used Wahls.....but, the motor driven line.

I body clipped many times with them.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was recently looking for clippers and got to compare a few brands in person at Equine Affaire. I must say that each brand had a wide variety of quality... so just saying one brand or another won't do you much good, it's the individual model that you want to pay attention to.

You basically want to do it all with your clippers... Which means it won't do some things quite as well as others. And that's ok, just be aware of that and look for what you want it to do best or most often. If you don't want to compromise, get a pair of trimmers and clippers separately.

After trying out the various clippers I ended up with the Andis AGC 2speed clipper. My main requirements in clippers were: lightweight, quiet, and multi-use. I was able to get a free cordless trimmer with it. The cordless trimmer is ok... battery only lasted for about 25min after a full charge. The Andis AGC is corded and allows you to easily change to different size blades without tools, so I can trim or put on a blade for heavier clipping. It's quiet and lightweight. It has a magnet rotary motor.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
864 Posts
Casey what all do you use them for? Do they work well on the bridle path? For 19 bucks I'm willing to give them a try and save my money towards some body clippers.
I body clipped many horses with Wahl motor driven clippers.

If you mean those big clipper....you will hate them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ask someone in your family! I got a great pair of clippers from my grandma, and they work amazing. She used to use them to cut my uncles' hair. They have lasted over 50 years and still will since I take care of them. Plus they were free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts