The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance journals can be closed without being bumped up to the 'recent discussions'? Today was the umpteenth time that I start reading a journal, get all excited for the next update and then see the 'this topic has ben closed due to inactivity' message... So disappointing! Normal threads arent closed right? Or they close automatically? Why is it different for journals?

·
Administrator
35,936 Posts
Unfortunately there isn't any other way that we're aware of.
If we just close the Journal then it wouldn't happen but we leave the mod note to advise members and the absent owner why its been closed and how it can be re-opened if they decide to come back
Its that closing note that pushes it on to the day's new posts
It happens with any thread that gets closed with a mod note and we rarely close a thread without one. They don't close automatically.

·
Super Moderator
26,712 Posts
Also - by placing the mod note in the journal - it bumps it up so that the OP might decide... Hey you know what? I want to keep my journal going and restart the discussions.

·
Administrator
3,260 Posts
Hey there,

Threads that have not been visited in over 18 months, are closed by the admin team.
Theis rule is stated in this thread here:
http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/please-read-before-posting-714522/
There is a little lock icon that signifies if that post has been closed. As seen here:
View attachment 923570

With this said, we could discuss with the mod team about moving closed thread to another section.
Because The action for that thread was taken, it will jump up the list.

I do not believe there is a way to avoid that.

How does everyone feel about this?

Richard.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i get that the action of the mod note is what bumps it up. Its fine if you leave it as is. A possible solution might be pming the owner of the journal with the link and the mod message explaining how to reopen? I think its safe to say its the same to possible readers, theyll see its closed by the lock icon and inability to comment. Thanks for the responses though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts