The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was told that my mare has a clubbed foot. They say its the left front. It does have some mud on it and it was too busy at the barn to wash it off. What do you think? I've also posted a few other photos for a conformation critique! Thanks again:) She is a registered 9 y/o Appaloosa mare.

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks guys:) What do you think of the rest of her conformation?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, lightly clubbed, she will be fine. Long, thin ewe neck, long, weak back, weak through the SA area, and a bit post legged.

Reactions: stevenson

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh jeeze - I never would have even looked twice at that hoof, it's so slight. I think your mare is adorable, despite any conformation faults. She does have a long slender neck - but, oh well! I love her overall shape. Her front legs look good - very straight. I think she fits together pretty well. Very petite and slender, just like my girl. Dainty little ladies.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
very delicate for an appy. I personally like a long slender neck over a short thick one. very slight club that will likely never affect her. maybe slightly back at the knee?

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
This mare is a very very nice. That club foot is not anything to worry about. It is being very well managed and should give no problems. My only complaint about this mare is she is a bit long in the coupling and it won't impact her much in that regard either.

I have seen mares not this good being used for breeding!!! I like this one. Nice.

Reactions: stevenson

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would say with a competant ferrier and a little work over a 6mo period that club foot could be "fixed" Ive got a rocky with a club and it took some time but between my ferrier and I keeping an eye on it, he is starting to get some growth in the right direction.

That club isn't too bad.

Jim

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would say with a competant ferrier and a little work over a 6mo period that club foot could be "fixed" Ive got a rocky with a club and it took some time but between my ferrier and I keeping an eye on it, he is starting to get some growth in the right direction.

That club isn't too bad.

Jim
<======== Agreed - I'd rather have a horse with slightly clubbed feet rather than one with long toe and no heels..:?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.