The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I do think that clydsdales do come in that roan color. They aren't as popular as the Budweiser colored ones. I'm not a clydsdale expert or anything though! I'm sure there are some on this forum that can help!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
According to the American Clysdesdale Registry:

The most common body color is bay, followed by black, brown, and chestnut. The roan trait (solid body color with white hairs throughout the coat) may be found in all the colors.

So he might be!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I have a clydesdale and he has the same build and nose, wish I could
see his whole face! I think I'm thrown off a bit because his tail isn't
docked like mine... maybe it is just can't tell. You can see the trademark blaze
and pink nose...
I've never seen one this color, is he a percheron/Clyde mix? I have seen
roany ones but not to this extent.
This guy is such a beauty, too bad he isn't taken care of! Stormy
gets those mats in his mane if I don't take care.
Gonna be a BIG BABY!! Make sure you have help ready when it comes!

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Looks kind of like a shire sort to me but could very well be a Clydesdale. Hard to tell from that pic alone as he could looke more Clyde-like when he's cleaned up. VERY handsome though!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I agree he is very pretty but really needs his mane brushed out I bet he would be stunning if he was cleaned up.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
I'm not sure. He doesn't look roan to me, he looks almost dappled gray. The brown you're seeing is most likely mud. I would almost agree with FlyGap that he looks like a Percheron/Clydsedale cross. In my opinion, he doesn't have enough feathering to be a pure Clydsedale and his build is a little off for a Clydse.

Reactions: liv885

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
In the Uk there is a lot of affection for Clydies.

That's a horse Mam, that's a big fella.

Don't try to boss him about, persuade him that it is a good thing to do.
Watch out for where he is putting his feet
And if there is a need to restrain him, then make sure you use something thick and strong.

Above all, enjoy him, there are not that many like him.

PS He doesn't do barrel racing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
well i do know that percherons come in roan, and boy does that horse need a grooming hahaa love that mane

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Maybe I'm just used to seeing the American versions of the Clydes, but he looks a little bit short and squatty to be pure Clyde. The ones that I'm used to seeing are more tall and leggy.

That being said, he dang sure could still be pure clyde, just out of a working bloodline instead of a show bloodline. Is he supposed to be registered?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your help like i said we brough her in foal so we had nothing to do with the dad the photos is all we really know about him and he was ment to be a grey cliydstale the mare has had a foal from him before it turn out black 17hh
here it 2 more pics of stallion and pic of mare. :)

Pearl MARE IN FOAL

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
She looks like a cutie. I sure do hope you'll keep us updated on her and share some pix of the baby when it arrives. We always enjoy a chance to ooh and aah over a baby horse :wink:.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts