Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the horse i'm looking at buy he is 13ys old i checked my self 16.3hh
Clydesdale cross stock horse a dream to riding smooth long gaits could do well in dressage what do you think i'm leaseing him for two week here are some pic of his first anyone on him for an age and i had only just met him and here he is calm as a sleeping baby he is a real darl.

he needs to stick on weight and have his hoofs done but other wise a safe sound horse.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Either that horse isn't 16.3 (we have a couple of 16.2 thoroughbreds on the farm and their withers are higher than my head at 5'5") or that guy is EXTREMELY tall, lol! Beautiful horse no matter how tall he is.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's 6.7f so very tall lol the horse is massive I can hop on but with a lot of grunting

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and i'm 180cm lol

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Holy cow! He's tall! LOL! (the guy)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yer but i'm his daughter and at 13 i'm 180cm so pretty family lol
thats why we want a 16.3hh horse lol my horses are 14.1hh and 15.2hh and they are the perfect size for me lol

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I like how he looks, he is sturdy without being bulky and seems to have good confo (though it's hard to tell). Is that you riding him?

Oh, and IMHO, he doesn't need weight so much as some muscle. Especially in his butt. :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Musle and weight I'll some more pics yes that me riding him i like that about him too

Attachments

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Are you sure he isn't 15'3hh? I really like him. He would definitely be a horse I would look at for myself. I really like how he's put together. What do you want to do with him? are they asking a lot for him?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to use him as a family horse for trails pc bla bla no not much because he has lost a lot of weight 1500 bucks

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep I have a 15.3 hh mare he is a lot taller they had him measered

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Cute horse! I really like him, but I do agree, I have a hard time believing he's 16.3. My horse is 16hh and looks bigger than this horse does. Maybe measure him again?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Cute horse! I really like him, but I do agree, I have a hard time believing he's 16.3. My horse is 16hh and looks bigger than this horse does. Maybe measure him again?
She said she's 180cm which is appx 5'9". No wonder she's looking at a 16.3 horse.

·
Registered
171 Posts
He is thin. Did the owner know why he is losing weight. If he has a heavy parasite load, a tooth issue, or has not been fed properly that will make him more quite in the saddle. I wonder what he is going to be like when you get weight back on him and he's feeling good. You might see a temperament change and he might be a lot more horse. I would at least want to assess why he is thin, maybe have your vet check him.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
He doesnt look like hes part Clydesdale at all, except for the slight feathering. I have a 17.something horse and I had to jump up to see over his back. I needed a stool to actually get to his spine. I'm about 5'5 or so. He really dosent look almost 17 hands too me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he has been measured and he has lost weight due to being moved six time in the last year and not being fed supplements.

I'm sure though when your not looking up at him he does look shorter because he has really thick legs i'm sure and i mean 16 hands and 3cm soz we didn't measure him in inches sorry i forgot to add that.

anyway he had bright eyes and had a gallop he has plenty of energy but just needs to stick on weight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hes beautiful!!!!! Well, I have a Clyde x (her name is Ruffles, you can look in my horses) and although she has Clyde looks (lol, shes got a bit of a beard, its hillarious!!) she has a really nice temp :)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
He's very cute, but I'd do vet check for sure. He looks thin so you really want to know whether it's just 6 moves or something really serious there. I hardly believe that not feeding the supplements will make the horse that thin.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.