The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horse got microchipped months back and the coat still hasn't started growing back, even though he's started shedding his winter coat. Any idea how long it will take, or if I was supposed to do anything to get it to grow back? The vet didn't mention anything.

·
Premium Member
16,046 Posts
It will grow back when he changes his coat for winter/summer.

Clipped hair will not grow to its original length. When hair had been scraped off it will grow to full length even if it was previously clipped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My horse got microchipped months back and the coat still hasn't started growing back, even though he's started shedding his winter coat. Any idea how long it will take, or if I was supposed to do anything to get it to grow back? The vet didn't mention anything.
You may want to consider which shampoo to try. I'm sure there is a great and high rated shampoo to address this concern.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It grew back! The hair is REALLY short though, I don't know if his summer coat is just a lot shorter than I remembered or if it looks short compared to the winter coat. And his coat has started evening out as well, from bite marks and scratches and stuff. We recently got a nibbly horse though, so I'm not holding out hope it'll stay that way haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.