Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH MY GOD! I AM IN LOVE!!! ME WANTY!!

A friend at the barn, offered me to use her Collegiate Diploma Convertible whenever I need it, since she isn't using hers at the time.

So I borrowed it tonight when I went out and rode Boo - and I have to say, I am very impressed.

The leather is beautiful, the saddle is well crafted, and it is soo comfortable! It placed me in a great position, and it felt like I was snug as a bug in a rug.

It fit like a glove!

SO I WANT!!!!

My Coach wants me to wait until Nelson gains weight and gets back into shape before I buy a saddle - which makes perfect sense and I agree - but this saddle, I have nothing negative to say about it!

I need to save up more money to afford a Collegiate Convirtible anyways - I only have $500 saved up and I need much more than that to get one of these saddles.

But just wanted to say LOVE THIS SADDLE!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have never ridden in the diploma, but I loved my old collegiate senior event saddle (was my first saddle), it was so comfy and also put me in a great position.

Unfortunately it's a newer model so there aren't many great deals on them yet (I'll keep my eye out anyway. :p ).

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks QHDragon! I appreciate that very much. I went to www.thefind.com and typed in Collegiate Convertible Diploma and the cheapest I can find is at Adams Saddlery for $7something.

More than what I have, so I definately have to do some saving. I have $500 and dats dat. I also have to put $ into board and $ into my vet bills and $ towards gas and groceries and all that joyjoy stuff.

But since Eventing this season is slim to none due to Nelson's injury, I figure I'll get a new saddle for the guy.

It is such a nice saddle! I'll have to show it to you if you make your way back out to Lou Don.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have one (it's either a 17 or a 17.5) that doesn't fit my horse right, and it's too big for me. Comes with the whole gullet kit. I'm probably going to sell it for $650 or $600. OR a trade for a saddle that will fit the two of us better!

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OMG DraftEventer - if it is a 17.5" I will be very interested.

~~~~

horseluver, thank you for your help. I've seen those same saddles as well.

I am not so sure if that 18" is a Diploma. I sent the link to a knowledgeable Saddle Person, and even she wasn't so sure.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'll have to ask to see more pictures. The seat looks suede doesn't it *in the tacktrader add*

If I go with a new Collegiate, I think I'll go with the one from Adams Horse Supply that is on sale. If I can find a used one, cheaper - even better.

I need a 17.5" for sure.

I wonder if an 18" would be too big?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I noticed that too, but thought maybe it was the weird angle that was making it look that way. I don't think any collegiate saddles have suede seats.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My other question I wanted to ask you was, since I know you have trouble with getting a more curvy tree, do the new collegiate offer more curve to their trees? I thought the older ones were pretty straight.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new one's definately have more of a curve to their tree. Before Nelson went awall, the owner of the Diploma at the barn put it on Nelson's back, and it accomodated his back shape very nicely.

Right now, due to he being underweight, ribby and has no muscle - I have to make sure the saddle is a wide, and pad up alot.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Poor Nelson.

Okay, I was just wondering, thats good that they are making them with some more curve, I know their older models are straight as a nail!

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know :( poor Nelson. But at least he's alive, happy and slowly getting better.

We were able to get that round bale turned onto its' butt end, and he and Bourbon have cleaned the outter layer off and are eating the inside. I am told his face is in it all day.

He is on 1 full scoop of Purina Senior twice a day now, so working his way back to 4 pounds per feeding slowly *4 pounds is 2 full scoops*. I got him started on his SmartPak Smartgut, joint suppliment, fattening suppliment, vitamins/minerals. Smartpak is pricey, but well worth it.

He has been given the "OK" to start riding again, so I am doing alot of long and low during our 1 hour rides so that he stretches his back and utalizes his back muscles.

He look pitiful now, I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed that I can get him back to where he blongs physcially.

~~~~~

I'll show you the Collegiate Diploma when you come out to Lou Don tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So the owner of the www.tacktrader.com add for the 18" Collegiate Diploma Convertible, sent me more pictures.

Well, dang....for some reason it wont let me add the other shots......*shakes fist*

My worry is that an 18" will be too big? I take a 17.5".

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have one (it's either a 17 or a 17.5) that doesn't fit my horse right, and it's too big for me. Comes with the whole gullet kit. I'm probably going to sell it for $650 or $600. OR a trade for a saddle that will fit the two of us better!
dantexeventer, any news on your Collegiate?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.