The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had Minnie DNA tested by the AMHA and it came back that she is a registerable Morgan... So, that is very exciting! From the results, I discovered that she is from a certain line of Morgan's that may carry the cream gene. I was silly and did not have her color tested at the same time as her DNA test, but I know the colors in her pedigree...

So, could someone who is smart with color genetics give me her possible color makeup?

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

An additional tidbit is the foal that Minnie had prior to my ownership was dun. Could the ability to have a dun foal come from her genetics, or was that likely from the stud (unknown color) at the time?

My extent of knowing genetics is being able to make Punnett square calculations but beyond that I know zip... Is she just a plain ole bay, or could she be carrying something that isn't shown?

Reactions: egrogan

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looking at what you've got posted, she's EeA?. Based only on what you've given us, she could not have produced a dun foal, it had to come from the sire.
Thank you! I quite honestly have no idea how any of it works.

As I'm reading articles, the cream dilution gene in horses is only present if it is visual, correct?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts