The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What colours look best on black or dark coloured horses? Having a look at some tack online for my horse and not sure what colour would look best. Have my eye on the Equestrian Stockholm Amazonite...

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I put a sage green saddle pad on my black Pony. It looked really good, particularly when he had browned out a little. I also have a dark red saddle pad with gold trim that looks really nice.

People have suggested putting him in pink or yellow. Well, by people, I mean tween girls. I'm a traditionalist, and I like traditional colors, thus the sage green and dark red.

Reactions: life.in.the.saddle

·
Registered
241 Posts
Any color you fancy! Depending on if he's just a dark dark bay or a true black I'd go between cool or warm colors.

If you're asking about actual tack and not saddle pads and the such - Havana goes on everything I own. A good, solid, dark brown is classic and all I'll buy!

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
What colours look best on black or dark coloured horses? Having a look at some tack online for my horse and not sure what colour would look best. Have my eye on the Equestrian Stockholm Amazonite...
Black can wear any color, but if you buy black tack, would make sure it is lined in another color; royal blue lining looks wonderful. Would stay away from plain white though...it can look tacky on black horses.

I have a bay paint mare, and she looks great in bright orange with black lining. Really pretty on her! She can also wear any shade of green or blue for more traditional look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts