The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lost my best friend, my gorgeous mare. She was my first horse, given to me by my trainer when I was young. I just had to call the vet out to help her move on. She was in her late 20's. I am going to bury her tomorrow, underneath her favorite tree. She wil have her own flower garden. I'm so lost right now. I can't even make sense out of my own thoughts...I'm just typing whatever my fingers type. I'm sorry guys...I didn't know where else to go...

This is her, a couple of months ago, the last photo shoot I had with her. I feel so lost. I keep questioning myself. What did I do wrong? What could I have done to change this? Did I let her down? She was old, a TB mare, and she has been losing weight. She has been sick. I feel like I could have tried harder. I'm about to have another breakdown...heading off..have a good night everyone..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this..I know it's a terrible thing to go through..and it takes a long time to heal, with little that can make it better
All I can say is don't blame yourself..it sounds like she was just older and it was her time to go. I can see that you love her very much and I'm sure that you took very good care of her. Eventually it will always hit a point where all we can do is give them love and try to keep them comfortable, and I'm sure you've done that for her.
I know it's hard now, but things will get better..and at least now she's in an even better place. -hugs-

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am so lost right now. She is the one I have always run to at times like these, ever since I was young, and when I lost my mom, and now when I need her most is the time that I have lost her. I feel so empty.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It is very normal for you to think about what you could have done, don't be hard on yourself. Your mom is your angel now and she can still hear everything you say to her. I have to talk to my mom that way too :)
Time will help heal...she looked like a lovely girl.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I'm so sorry. She was a gorgeous mare.

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
I am sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.