The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Romeo, my seven year old gelding. 15.1 hands tall and super narrow build, but leggy, so that's nice. I know most of his faults (most obvious is his toothpick legs and pony hooves) but if you guys could find any more, don't hesitate to point 'em out! Tear him apart, I won't tell him! [=

Also, although he's registered with USEF as an Appendix QH, that was a total guess. Lately people have been telling me he's a total Thoroughbred. But, no lip tattoo so who knows. Lemme know what you guys think! Thanks! [=

(Pictures are ordered newest to oldest.)

^ He's lacking muscle in this picture due to him just coming back from an injury... he's really buff now, haha!

^ Doesn't normally stand that camped under.

^ Older picture, right after he got clipped two years ago.

Alright, have fun!
Thanks guys!
[=

·
Registered
726 Posts
I see all TB. He also doesn't need to have a lip tattoo if he's a TB. They only tattoo them for racing.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
He looks Thoroughbred to me as well. If thats him in your avatar as well I might say Arab somewhere in there too but really, TB :)

Hes very pretty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, yes, that's him in my avatar as well. It's funny you would say that because my trainer is always telling me he has "arab hips"!

I know he doesn't need a lip tattoo to be a Thoroughbred, I was just saying I'll never know for sure, haha. But thanks for the input everyone, so far it looks as though he may just be a Thoroughbred! [=

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hmmm, never seen arab hips like those! I agree with the thoroughbred.

Looks like he could be a little downhill, his pasterns are a little long for my tastes. Looks a little ewe-y in the neck and maybe ties a little low. Pretty boy though!

·
Registered
243 Posts
He really is a beauty! I don't see any more faults, at least not major ones, then the ones you mentioned, and as strange as this sounds, his fault kind of make him cute. ;) haha

I agree that he is a thoroughbred, it is possible that he has some quarter horse in him and is an appendix.

Aw! What a handsome boy!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
His faults do make him cute! :) I see T.B.! It might of just been the moment he look Arab, but I don't think he has much in him, or none at all.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Pigeon breasted and tied in below the knee are the only things that I notice for sure... Otherwise in some pics he looks slightly: downhill, long backed, sickle hocked, and cow hocked. But I can't quite tell if it's only the pics and the way he is standing. He has a very nice booty, I like his shoulder, pretty good chest depth

Overall, I'm in love and will be over shortly to steal him. I LOVE bays with minimal/no white.

I think the ewe neck is from the first pics. He looks like he has quite a bit more muscle on the underside of his neck. Not as noticeable in the last one, but you can't really see his neck well in that one anyways.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'd say TB for sure but maybe he has a little bit of both TB, QH, and Arab. Never know lol. But he sure is cute!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Like everyone else said, I see full TB. My TB mare wasn't on the racetrack and was not registered (too small) and doesn't have a tattoo but I know she's full TB so there is still a huge possibility :]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.