The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! These are terrible conformation pictures and I apologize in advance for them haha. Just for fun, looking to see what other people think of these two furry friends of mine! Ill give a little history of both so it is easier to judge!

#1-Amigo-20 yrs old-Gelding-14.3hh at the wither-Morgan cross Quarter horse- Was broke as a 2 year old, ridden hard then left to get morbidly obese for the next 9 years of his life. We bought him and he has been doing gymkhanas, jumping and ranch work since!

#2-Charlie-13 yrs old-Mare-16hh at the wither-Grade, we have no idea what she is-Was wild, got thrown into the wild horse race at a local rodeo, we bought her, she was three years old. She then had a foal, apparently she got bred at the auction... Foal unfortunately passed away. She got sent for training where she learned to have a rider on her back but she also learned that she had to run hard and fast whenever someone got on her... Ended up with windpuffs... We fixed her issues and she went on to be a really great gymkhana and ranch horse. Had another foal! Then two and a half years ago, got hit by her shelter when it blew over in a tornado and fractured her pelvis. She has been unsound at more than a walk since. She probably will never be ride-able again. Please note her back feet aren't actually toed out, Shes just standing weird in this picture haha

Attachments

·
Registered
49,438 Posts
The morgan cross is a sturdy looking fellow. I can see the crest on his neck, from his days of being morbidly obese. He has really good bone in his legs, short canons, very slightly over straight hocks (very slightly). a good shoulder and matching hip angle. His neck is thick, as I said, which makes him look a bit hammer headed. His expression is kind of sour, but who knows what he was thinking when you took the photo.

the mare us hard to judge. It looke like due to the injury, her pelvis is rotated forward, and it affects the way she stands in the rear. Otherwise, a very pretty mare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts