The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of him? Just asking for some peoples ideas about his conformation! Also, what breed/ breeds do you think he is? He has Arabian but I'm thinking Thoroughbred, too? I'm not sure. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Id say a TB/QH? He has that sleek TB look. What do you use him for? He has a longish neck, and his shoulder slopes down really much. Is he toed out, I cant really tell?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking TB or QH, too.

He does some jumping, trails, western, and pretty much a little bit of everything.

If he is being lazy he will put his legs out a bit like that. But he always stands to the front when you are riding him, idk why.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :) A trainer at my barn says that he looks all Arab, but I diddn't think so. I can really see TB, QH, and Arab in him, all of which are very common so it wouldn't suprise me at all!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed that, too. He was an abused barrel racer and I think they strained his lower legs. I don't know if that could do anything like that, though. He may just have long fetlocks/ pasterns.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I noticed that, too. He was an abused barrel racer and I think they strained his lower legs. I don't know if that could do anything like that, though. He may just have long fetlocks/ pasterns.
That wouldn't change the appearance of his pasterns.

He's a cute horse and I think he will look great once he's muscled up. :D If I had to guess breed, I would guess some Quarter Horse in him.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I wasn't sure if it could or not. That place was horrible. (I ride him English and western now, btw) They promised me a perfect barrel racer and that was ALL he could do. Stand, run like mad, and turn really tight. He couldn't do anything, it was horrible! I've been teaching him to be a trail horse, and he is awesome at it! He's one of the smartest animals I've ever worked with!

Thanks! (I'll tell him tonite :) ) Yeah he was pretty well muscled in the fall, but it's been icey and cold so I haven't been able to ride and work him lately :(

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ok, I wasn't sure if it could or not. That place was horrible. (I ride him English and western now, btw) They promised me a perfect barrel racer and that was ALL he could do. Stand, run like mad, and turn really tight. He couldn't do anything, it was horrible! I've been teaching him to be a trail horse, and he is awesome at it! He's one of the smartest animals I've ever worked with!

Thanks! (I'll tell him tonite :) ) Yeah he was pretty well muscled in the fall, but it's been icey and cold so I haven't been able to ride and work him lately :(
I think it's always a treat for any horses that has become sour to any one discipline...for them to finally be able to do something else, ESPECIALLY trail riding. It's so relaxing for both horse and rider, I couldn't think of anything better a horse like that should be enjoying! :D

I understand what you mean, my horse looses alot of her muscle in winter because I don't ride alot, but once summer is here she looks great!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol, yeah. He is an awesome trail horse. At first he was like "RUN RUN RUN" but he is learning how to be a horse and that he can relax.

Yeah, I wish I was brave enough to ride in the cold more, but its just too cold! :) I just groom and cuddle by him on the really cold days lol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.