The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
There is a lot to like in this mare's build, in my opinion. She doesn't have any how-do-I-say-this-nicely kinds of faults I can see from the photos. Nice sloping shoulder, smooth angles, good long underline. I would like to see a shorter back, and she is somewhat downhill and heavier on the forehand than I would prefer. Also not sure if her front pasterns are a little too sloping, hard to tell from the pictures.

Overall she is a quite a nice horse though, and she looks fast!

·
Super Moderator
14,747 Posts
She has some conformational things I'm not fond of, but since likes and dislikes is in the eye of the beholder...
It doesn't matter.
The fact that her build complements her and the job you ask her to do is all that does matter.
She's cute...and you love her.
That is all that needs known!!
Enjoy her!!
:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
her hooves have long, underrun heels that need attention. Otherwise, I agree that she is built to be a good riding horse for years.

·
Premium Member
23,918 Posts
Interesting how very rump high she appears in the 1st pic but not in the second - illustrates how different angle pics can be deceiving. She is a tad sickle hocked, and her front pasterns I do think are a tad long & quite angled, but agree with Tiny that front hooves look to be 'run forward' & possibly high heeled, which may be exaggerating the slope, as she's standing under herself a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts