The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connemara X Welsh gelding

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Thyme 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you think about this guy?
He is a 9 year old Connemara X Welsh pony. I think about 13 hh, I am 5'2-3" 110-113 lbs.
(things with my mare Dahlia weren't working out)
I got him yesterday to keep my paint gelding company, but I will also be riding him.

1. Yes I am tall for him.
2. No I am not too heavy.

He competed recently at 2'6"-2'8" with a young girl who is 5'9".
He has done cross country and jumpers with that girl this past year.
He doesn't feel small when riding him, he can really move out!
I can get more pictures later.

He doesn't usually stand with his hind legs back like that he was watching people across the street and my mom snapped the shot as soon as he stopped moving lol

He is an awesome little guy! <3

See less See more
Reactions: Boo Walker
#5 ·
Thanks! I ride English. I will need to see if I will have the time for lessons on something completely new but there are people around my area that drive and.can make sure he is measures and properly fitted in harness
Posted via Mobile Device

#8 ·
I am not sure and I haven't been able to measure him yet, but I am 5'2"-3" for reference I have long legs for my height.

#9 ·
Did a rough measure (marked out hand marks on a wall and measured up to wear his withers are compared to my height) came out to him being about 12hh or just under.
Posted via Mobile Device

#12 ·
Yea his first job is pasture mate to my paint who is my riding horse, but I was told by two different vets and other professionals I can ride him. He has a lot of torque and a awesome jump!
Posted via Mobile Device

#16 ·
Really nice pony
I thought he looked smaller than 13.2
I used to ride my kids little ponies no trouble - these british native ponies are built for it and you aren't heavy
Cant see how a 5ft 9 person would jump him really well though as their feet would hang down so much they'd be knocking the poles with them!!!

#17 ·
Yea we hadn't measured before original post but after I kind of concluded he is 11.2-12hh, based on where he comes up on my height.
She had her stirrups up like a jockey lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.