The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't my guy, but my friend's family has a farm where they take care of a bunch of animals (most have some sort of health issue) and try and find cures with funding they get from a University. Anyways..back on topic :roll:
This is Eli. He's one of the farm favorites! I met him about a year ago and he's even prettier in person. I LOVE his coloring! Just thought I'd share :)

·
Registered
17,187 Posts
He is pretty cute, nice coloring as well. Someone at my old barn had a horse JUST like him; except his name was Keystone & he was a bit bigger. Very cute!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FehrGroundRanch said:
It's called a champage, pretty fancy eh?
Thats what its called? Its such a pretty color. I had never seen a morgan like him in person before. Usually when I think of a morgan horse i think of a darker coat and dark mane&tail.
He's older now (thats not a recent pic, just one my friend sent me) But you can still see his little dapples in his coat, and he's such a good natured boy. I wanted to take him home with me :)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Yeah I love them. I wanted to buy one for the longest time. Actually I would still love to have one, but as I've gotten older I've realised color is not as important as temperment. However I would love to get my son a Morgan and it would be a great bonus if it were a champage!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Looks like a chocolate palomino to me?

·
Registered
923 Posts
It is really rare to have any kind of Palomino, buckskin, or anything with that type of coloring in a Morgan.

·
Registered
879 Posts
That's a chocolate palomino, absolutely! Not a champagne.

Any I would consider the coloring to be not common in Morgans, but not particularly rare. Just not as common as other colors. But this is usually true for most horse breeds. There's a lot more bays/chestnuts than other colors for most breeds.

·
Registered
83 Posts
that is my favorite color ever since I first saw it. We call it Liver Flaxen around here, although I like to call it Chocolate Flaxen. I have never seen it on a morgan before....cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts