The Horse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some costume ideas for my 16.1 dark bay mare. i want to dresss up as something that we can both be, like im one thing and shes the other but we go together, like salt and pepper :p haha im also wondering... does anybody know of some halloween shows near calgary????? me n my friends always dress up our horses for halloween but i would like to eneter a show too :p

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
How about a carousel horse and a little kid.....?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ooh, that's a cute one.

What about a Native American Princess and her war pony?

I may be dressing Hoove as a war pony for our Halloween fundraiser.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I love the Native American idea a ton.
Beau and I are going Renaissance. He's being dressed up as a "war pony" as well. Not really a war pony but lmao I'm not sure what to call it

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
We had a costume contest last year and we dressed Victor up as a devil and Norman as an angel. XD You could be a knight and your mare could be a warhorse. That could get expensive, though. Or a jockey and racehorse? Or a black cat and a witch, or something like that. Hope this was helpful. lol

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys!! i like the jockey idea and the indian warhorse one... haha i like the indian one cuz i think that costume would be fun cuz i would love to paint my hand and smack it on my horse for a reason :p haha and i want to paint my face too!!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and i was thinking... how would i make my horse a carousel horse? cuz the barn i ride at is call carousel stable and i think that would be sooo funnnn!!! but does anybody have any ideas on how to atach the pole????

·
Registered
707 Posts
and i was thinking... how would i make my horse a carousel horse? cuz the barn i ride at is call carousel stable and i think that would be sooo funnnn!!! but does anybody have any ideas on how to atach the pole????
What I'd do is get a roll of cheap wrapping paper, and either just leave the wrapping paper on it, or take it off and decorate it yourself.. then put something like duct tape around the bottom, make a hole through it (like, stick a long nail horizontally through it near the bottom), and put string through the hole and tie it around the horse's girth area sort of like an extra girth? Lmao that's a good question, I can't think of any other way to attach it at the moment unless you wanted to just hold it there..

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you ride western you could put it on the horn. But that could get really annoying. But a carousel horse would be cute!

Here is a video with a bunch of costume pics;
I like the trousers at 2:45. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
You could be a bee and your horse could be a flower. (I had to read the Secret Life of Bees for school so the idea was already in my head)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts