The other mare is still in the running, but also still very expensive. I've got ISO ads running on Facebook to see if I can scare up anything in a better price range but I don't plan to move on any of that until I know whether Nikki becomes sound again.
I think its worth waiting to see if she comes sound with the shoeing and a chance to let any bruising heal - you've got nothing to lose from doing that - obviously if something amazing comes up in the meantime you can rethink
I contacted her on Monday or Tuesday and she still hadn't gotten the shoes on. Said she had an appointment for later in the week. I hope she does it.
In the meantime, I'm thinking about taking another ride on that little mare I liked a lot that got a little jiggy at the bridge. She was pretty solid, otherwise, and I'm watching the seller's Facebook page and seeing that they are putting lots of trails miles on her. I might want to ride her again just to give her a second chance. To be honest, I have been so busy with other things that I haven't been thinking much about riding. Shocking, I know.