The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok. I own a 15.4hhish Arabian mare who i bought 3 months ago in a starvation case. I have been noticing on the wall of her back leg near her flank and stifle there is a dent. It's on both sides. I am not sure if it's just were she needs more muscle or what. The internet didn't help.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It is the same with my mare. She just needs weight and muscle could improve it too. Ever since I wormed my mare the dent has gotten a lot smaller. That could be part of it too?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has been wormed and has picked up a ton of weight and muscle. Shes round yet slender and petite at the same time. Her dent wasnt there till I fattened her up.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Twhgirl2, if you want any suggestions please post the pics. It's really hard to imagine anything without seeing a horse. BTW, my horse has a deep on her left just next to the shoulder. Muscling didn't help all that much - thats her conformation, so I just use extra-padding there (per the saddle fitter suggestion).

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you are talking about where it is caved in, then that is just from lack of muscle. As you continue to work with her that should fill in.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
If that's what Sarahandlola posted then it's lack of muscles IMHO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is almost 16 not quite. Her little indention is smaller but more into the inner leg. I will put up a picture..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.