The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my friend are putting on a mock show this year for our Saddle Club. We're also in charge of making a cd to play when all the gaming runs go. Does anyone have any fun, upbeat, exciting country songs? We're trying to stick directly to country. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Country girl shake it for me- Luke Bryan
Outsiders- Eric Church
My kind of night - Luke Bryan
Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
Feel like a woman - Shania Twain
Smoke a little smoke - eric church

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Oh I thought of another one.
Copperhead Road - I don't know lol
Mean girls - sugar land
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Anything you find from Luke Bryan, some Lady A, Kieth, Tim McGraw, Toby Kieth.

If you have spotify you can search any one of these artists names and all of their songs will come up in compilation and you can pick and choose what you want.

·
Registered
380 Posts
So me and my friend are putting on a mock show this year for our Saddle Club. We're also in charge of making a cd to play when all the gaming runs go. Does anyone have any fun, upbeat, exciting country songs? We're trying to stick directly to country. Thanks!
I do "cowboy" horse events where we dress in late 1800s clothing. Unfortunately, I do not like what is currently called "country" music. To me it is repetitive pop music with a twang.

For music, I stick with Lynyrd Skynrd, Allman Brothers and the like. Sweet Home Alabama, Gimme Three Steps, Call Me the Breeze, One Way Out, Statesboro Blues... that's great music and more "country" than most of what you hear on the radio today. :) (Guess I'm showing my age).

Jim Croce (i.e Rapid Roy, Don't Mess Around With Jim) and some older Jackson Browne can also work (i.e. ******* Friend).

Eagles are also a good choice - Already Gone, Life in the Fast Lane, James Dean, etc.

If you expect a mixed age group at the event, mix up the playlist with some "current" stuff and some along the line of what I mention above. You might even look back to come older country music like Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, etc.

By adding variety you will also avoid having all the songs about a dying dog in a broken down pickup truck. :)

Much depends on the group who will attend the event and what they expect to hear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.