The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
36,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We do understand that the current COVID-19 pandemic raises stress and discomfort levels in people, and our forum members aren't an exception. Therefore we also understand the need to discuss and share our discomfort and distress on our forum.

Unfortunately, based on the recent history seen in Covid related discussions, they are tending to have a strong emotional charge that's resulting in a lot of negative friction between members.

We also can't ignore fact that the pandemic and the way that different nations are dealing with it are very closely related to politics. Political discussions aren't allowed on Horseforum.com

Taking into consideration both of the above points we've had to reach a decision that on the whole, COVID-19 are strongly discouraged here.

Our number 1 goal is to make this forum a safe and friendly place to discuss horses and COVID-19 discussions don't serve that goal.

In light of all this, any discussions that focus on COVID-19 may be removed.

However, we are talking about discouraging rather than fully forbidding since in some cases, mentioning COVID-19 may still be OK.

As an example, a side note such as 'I've had to skip my lessons because of the pandemic' is fine, but saying 'I've had to skip my lessons since I lost my job because this country has managed so poorly with this COVID-19 pandemic' is not OK, since politics are involved in this statement.

We thank all of our members for understanding and cooperating.

Stay safe and take care,
The HorseForum.com Moderating Team

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.