The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
When I was much younger, growing up on 40 acres of land, I never had my own horse.

There was an APHA breeder in my area, who bred beautiful paints out of his award winning stud named Mr. Willy Nelson. All his Mares and younglin's would be in this HUGE massive pasture by our house all Spring, Summer and Fall - and I would quite frequently be over there giving the lucky one's apples and carrots *lucky meaning I didn't have 50 apples to share, only a few*

Here's the "crazy" part.......

I started to ride the "bigger" one's without stopping and thinking "Is this horse broke?" "Is this horse safe?" etc, etc.

I made makeshift halter/bridles out of clothes wire *the blue plastic stuff* and would walk up to a horse, put it on and hopped on and rode for hours.

I certainly had a guardian angle hanging around, because A) I was very young B) Hopping on strange horses with know knowledge or thought to their training

I trail rode for hours in that huge massive pasture - I'm lucky I didn't get hurt, or shot off by the owner..or caught for that matter.

I was 9? Somewhere around there....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.