The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone else's horses were a little wired toda?
It was about 40 degrees F here today (It has been about 20) so it warmed up and my horses were just WIRED! lol
My boy Romeo (The unspookable horse) actually got a tiny bit spooked today because he was so hyper!
Anyone elses horses?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I was stuck inside today for a work conference but my husband took our daughter to the barn to ride. From what I heard her horse was in rare form....
She was trotting him and he broke into a canter (he typically does not like to go any faster than he has to) So he cantered for about 5 strides or so , she had a hard time getting him to slow down. Meanwhile, my husband said Whoa 3 times and he stopped. She continued her ride walking/trotting this time and he was fine and listened to her well. When I heard about what happened , I said "wow, you rode your first canter and you stayed on, Good Job!"
She has been working toward cantering in her lessons but this is the first time....he had a yee-haw moment for a bit I guess.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Ricci has gotten it in her head the last two days that she's not going to be caught. o_O

There was also a moment when I was riding her yesterday where she actually had a real spook, kinda bolted off and side passed. She usually only quivers, lol.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Victor has been all fired up since it started getting cold and I stopped working him regularly. He was horrible the last time I tried to do a lesson. He's going to get the crap worked out of him as soon as the weather improves.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My horse Kalypso has to be lunged before i ride him. He bucks and canters around . Hes like that every time on the lunge line. I just wish it would hurry up and get warm so he would not buck anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.