The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinds of things do you do in your sleep? I kick, talk, sing and sleepwalk when I'm asleep! I'm getting a bit better, but when I was younger it was real bad. I even cracked a mirror by running into it sleepwalking. :shock: Once I walked into my aunt's room in the middle of the night and leaped on top of her! :lol: Nearly scared the life out of her!!

I've also decided to take a shower and get dressed while I am sleeping and my mom had to tell me to go back to bed! It took some convincing though as I thought she was wanting to have a shower too!

So, what kinds of things do you do? Are any of you as wild as me?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I feel so bad for my poor boyfriend, I warned him before we ever started sleeping in the same bed that I was CRAZY in my sleep and he didnt believe me........ silly him. He believed me after the first night. He has gotten used to it since we have lived together for over a year now but it still startles him once in awhile.

When I sleep, I talk almost every night. Some nights I talk more clear and understandable and other nights it sounds like Im speaking jibberish.

On top of just talking in my sleep I can be sitting up in bed with my eyes open having a conversation with someone, but I am totally asleep.

I also walk, this had been getting less and less frequent but I still do it probably at least 2x a month. I have gotten up in the middle of the night and started getting ready for work, like up brushing my hair, getting dressed before my BF realized what I was doing and that I was still asleep.

I when I was younger I walked into my parents room and turned on the lights and started counting things and when my mom woke up and asked what I was doing I told her I was counting everything in the art room.......... wtf? lol

I have always wondered why we do the things we do in our sleep

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've been told I giggle in my sleep. :shock: Kinda embarrassing to get told this when you are on a mission trip and share a cabin with 8 other girls and a leader. :lol:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I am such a funny sleeper! Actually it's sort of embarrassing.

First off I make these very loud, moaning sounds (which can be really embarrasing when the in laws are in the guest room next to ours)

And then one night my best friend and I were sharing the bed, we watched scary movies and freaked each other out, and I wrapped my legs around her and help on to both her hands. Apparantly I do this to my husband all the time tooo...lol

·
Registered
742 Posts
Haha, I'm a violent sleeper. I apparently threw a pillow at my roommate one night when she came in late. Makes sense, when I was little I'd often wake up to find my stuffed animals across the room.

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
I've also decided to take a shower and get dressed while I am sleeping and my mom had to tell me to go back to bed! It took some convincing though as I thought she was wanting to have a shower too!
Lol. That'd be neat. Just go to bed and then do all needful things while sleeping :lol:.

I guess I'm a boring sleeper :wink:. At least none has complained about my way to sleep.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wriggle around heaps in my sleep, I rip huge holes in my sheets.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have bad dreams at least 2x a month and cry in my sleep because of them, then i wake up because I have something cold and wet on my cheaks.

When I was little I used to sleep walk HEAPS, one night (I was 5) I walked out of my room and to the front door and unlatched it and walked out side, my mum was like BROOKE BROOKE what are you doing and I said 'Im getting the axe' Apparently all I wanted was a drink in the end. :S

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
im really violent in my sleep, i kick & hit A LOT. ive kicked my boyfriend off of my bed about 5 times. i also talk & walk. no one usually sees me but i wake up in weird places, for some reason i really like to sleep in laundry baskets....

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
ahahaha gypsygirl tooo funny!!! i've done some strange stuff... one time i woke up staring into the refridgerator... i used to randomly move from bed to bed i used to kick and thrash and when i'd wake up my covers would always be on the floor. i also used to be such a heavy sleeper that the house could fall down and i wouldn't wake up.
when me and my brother were younger he had a special "spot" on the couch that was his... and well i fell asleep in it once.. and he was like 4.. he drug me from his "spot" by my hair and across the room.. and apparently i didn't even flinch or know what was going on untill the next morning when my mom told me lol

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
^^ dragged you by your hair !! OUCH !

my friend had a tree from her yard fall through the roof of her house into her room & she didnt wake up

·
Registered
573 Posts
I do the basic talk in my sleep, and snore (>.<) but I wake up to scratches on my arm too. o_O

·
Registered
291 Posts
I boult a fort in my sleep. It wasn't constructed very good though. One time I threw all our silverware out. I even rememberes the dream I had been having. It was about the fork and spoon jumping over the moon with the cow. Weird stuff...

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Growing up I was a crazy sleep walker. It was in fact so bad, that I was never allowed to have a room on the first floor of any house we lived in, in case I attempted the stairs.

When we lived in Europe(European build houses), in the middle of the night, while I slept walked, I went over the balcony of the first floor and fell into the kitchen 15 feet onto tile. I broke part of my right hand.

I don't sleep walk as much anymore, tho I do do some weird stuff from time to time. Woke up a couple mornings ago, finding a room decor, candle holder that was on the window ledge, standing in the middle of the floor in the bedroom.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My brother (18 ) and I were watching final destination one night in my room. Well hes a firefighter and left his pager in my room. Well I fell asleep and he leaned over me to get it and I punched him in the face and kicked him in the... yeaaa lol

I don't remember anything but the next morning he had a black eye and had to explain to me what happened LOL

I'm a violent sleeper and usually kick my friends that spend the night. Heck Saturday My friend said the I was petting her head. :oops:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
holy cow gypsy idk if i'm bad enough not to hear a tree fall through the house.. well i am definitely not now. the craziest thing with me now is the TV HAS to be on if my brother gets up and turns it off i instantly wake up lol it's that bad

ahahaha jiblethead i hate dreams where they are related to what is really happening at the moment like falling asleep listening to music and that song is in your dream lol i had a dream where i drowning and i woke up suffocating under my pillow once... and i also had a dream i broke my arm and when i woke up it FELT like i had broken my arm..

lacyloo thats crazy!! your poor brother = P i've had a friend pet my head before while she was sleeping... lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used to sleep walk a lot when I was little. I would get out of bed at night and go down 2 flights of steps into the basement and play with my toys in the dark. I would also turn on the TV and watch late night infomercials. I also would get out of bed and go to the living room and start to scream, "Mom, Mom, where are you?" My mom hated when I would wake up and just go into her room and stare at her.

I don't sleep walk now, at least I don't think I do. When I am really stressed out, I tend to talk in my sleep and be very violent. But I do have whole conversations with people in my sleep. My eyes are open and I'm talking coherently, sometimes even sitting straight up in bed. My fiance always gets mad at me cause we will have a fight at night and I won't even remember it the next morning. He also gets angry with me cause I will steal all of the covers. When he tries to get them back I hit him (causing bruises) and say, "There mine, get your own, **** it."

Yeaaaaaah...soooo needless to say, he wakes up mad at me and I don't even know why.

Oh, and no matter what. If someone opens my door, I always wake up! Even out of a dead sound sleep.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I used to kick A LOT, although I don't think I do anymore. I talk sometimes too, and apparently I like to argue in my sleep. I woke my mom up once because I was arguing with "someone" in my sleep... she came into my room and I was sitting up and mumbling in a defensive tone and suddenly I yelled "WHATEVER", lay down and was quiet. Hahaha.
I am definitely going to watch this thread, there's some funny stuff in here. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.