The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here he is, my oldish schoolmaster... What do you think? sorry bout the pics, it was bath day :)

DSCN3557.jpg

DSCN3558.jpg

DSCN3559.jpg

What do you all think? Rip him apart lol

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yeah, he does look on the skinnier side...:-( How old is he? He looks to be like a TB/cross?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is A TB cross, just dunno what else. We're feeding him alot now, so hopefully he should have more weight soon :). He's 18 years old

·
Registered
872 Posts
He needs to gain weight and get lots of top line, neck and butt muscle. Low set neck... Besides that, you cant really see much with the pictures we have been given to critique.

Cute horse though.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Im going to take some better pics next time I go ride :) Hopefully those will be better

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
what everyone sle said, and in the last pic, the angle on his front foot looks funny? idk its just me. lol
Nice Boy though!
EDIT
ah! yes! I think he looks ****-footed, but idk if I'm right. I'm not too good at this yet. for info on ****-fotted-ness, check out the "critique this mammoth" thread, 1st page, middle to end.

·
Banned
593 Posts
he does not look like a scool master... he looks very underweight and his top line is pertruding to the point where no saddle let a lone person should be on him. is he yours?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Also, the last picture, with the way hes standing, it looks like he either has hoof issues or really bad arthritis. He looks very stiff and uncomfortable in the frame that hes standing in.

I would also not ride him with his backbone sticking so far out. It can't do anything but harm to him, especially with his age.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone. Yes he's mine, We've retired him now, only hand walks to keep him exercised, and switched him to a good feed to fatten him up. In the last pic he was just standing wierd cause there was a hole that he was avoiding, and the angle that my friend took the photo is very odd too. He doesnt have any back problems, or any other kind of problems (we had the chiro and the vet out last month). He is a honey. Thank you all for your imput, because I only want whats best for him, which is good food, no more riding, and lots of treats :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
he does not look like a scool master...
Wow your just a smart one eh? He seems like a sweet horse but I definately agree he needs weight. Your in South Africa, so I couldn't be much help feed wise... Have you gotten him checked out for blood work, worms, and ulcers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.