The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is Buzz, he got off the trailer last night! I'm so excited to have him here! Anyway, he's 15yo 16hh Dutch Warmblood x AQHA. He has a pretty impressive pedigree My One And Only Dutch Warmblood

Anyway, these aren't the greatest shots but they're not heinous.
Please tell me what you think???? I'm going to use him for eventing and some hunter type stuff.

Not a very good butt shot he got all squirmy trying to see what I was doing lol

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I have to admit I was a bit shocked when I learned he was crossed with AQHA, I hadn't heard of that cross before. But I think it turned out well for him.

Do you think his neck is too big?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
he's got high withers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
he's pretty, odd cross though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Strange cross indeed, but BEAUTIFUL! His withers are high, and his neck looks "off" to me.....I like his butt though! ;)
Gorgeous horse!!! Congrats.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
He's very pretty but to me his head and neck look they are too big for his body... or his butt is too small?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I think his neck is exceptionally big but he seems overall pretty! I can't wait to saddle him up and see what he can do. he looked great on video.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Wow....he is a cutie!!!
His neck just looks long,
I love his color and his TAIL is awesome!!!
He has dapples doesn't he???
Love dapples!
Can't wait to see his pic under saddle
HP

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Very nice looking horse. He is a little over at the knee, but if he has made it this long with no problems, I wouldn't think twice about it.

That nice long neck will carry elegantly.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeh he's been sound forever. The only issue he has is he reacts badly to injections so he has to have bute day before, day of and two days after shots.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Very cute. Looks like he has too much hoof wall though... maybe he needs a trim?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I like him overall but I agree with everyone else - he seems to have a very long and somewhat high set neck. I'd be interested to see the video you mentioned though :) I really like his back end, love the color of him - very rich.

As mentioned before, if he's been sound this long I don't see anything drastic happening with regards to being over at the knees. Sounds like you haven't had a chance to ride him yet, but I'm curious to see how well he rounds up and collects for you with his neck and how it attaches to his body. I have a pony mare with a neck like his, just not nearly as long, and it's alot of work for her to bring that head down and keep her impulsion!

Good buy though, hope he works out for what you're wanting him to do, and be sure to keep us updated!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.