The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Overall, you look pretty good! I would pull your lower leg underneath you a tad bit more. You look like your "sitting" on your horse. Not sure if I'm correct on this one, but your arm looks very stiff and so does your horse's mouth. I would lengthen out the reins just a bit, unless he's light.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall, you look pretty good! I would pull your lower leg underneath you a tad bit more. You look like your "sitting" on your horse. Not sure if I'm correct on this one, but your arm looks very stiff and so does your horse's mouth. I would lengthen out the reins just a bit, unless he's light.
thanx for the advise :) i realy cant lengthen the reins any because he was trained with a lot of contact lol if i loosened them he would get realy strung out.

·
Registered
852 Posts
well right now he's behind the vertical so you actually need to lengthen the reins a bit bc his head set is incorrect. his forehead should be perpendicular to the ground, not tipped in towards his chest, bc he's is overflexing his poll that way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not bad! I would arch your back a bit more if you show in equitation - if you're in hunters then you're fine as you are. Although your coat looks a little baggy so that might be why. You're definitely not hunched, which is very good!

Lift your hands off his withers and out of your crotch - you have that typical hands-in-your-crotch-hunter handset. Which is seen so often but is not correct and definitely not comfortable to your horses mouth. I would relax your arms a bit more - it's clear you're very tense and it's reflected in your horse being behind the bit.

Definitely need more of a heel. Your eyes are very good and I like that you're smiling - very cute! Your horse is cute as well, he would be perfect if he wasn't behind the bit!

Overall you two seem like a great pair, only a few minute things, nothing major! Good luck. [=

·
Registered
147 Posts
Prettymuch whats already been said =D Leg under yourself more and A bit softer through your contact. You said he was trained with a lot of contact but being heavy on the hand doesnt look so good in the ring, and if he was lighter in your hand and more uphill into the brilde he will probably raise his poll a little more to =D Though in saying that i have no idea about the disipline or anything =/ haha
But a nice looking pair

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I don't have any advice or input I'm just a dumb barrel racer :) But you two look very lovely together, pretty photo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.