Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone: New indigo photos !
Critique him, i have some photo's of him trotting with marshmellow and pepper too which i will eventually upload.
im hoping to get better one's though.
Sorry i couldnt get him to square up to well, so i do hope that these will do.
He is currently a ShowJumping/Hunter Prospect for me, so how do you think he will do for that ? I want to do some jumping and dressage, so im hoping he would do good in that, if not than what ? :)

he is a TB, 12-21 approx Years. I just say he is 20 though :)
Also how is he looking ;) ? He has gained TON's of weight IMHO

Here are some trotting etc photos

Sorry for the overload LOL

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I don't like the angle of his feet.
He is uphill, which I think is better than downhill, but that's just me. I'll leave the rest up to the others who know way more than me!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His feet may look a bit wonky in the photo's because our ground is very.. bumpy at the moment from all the snow etc. Not flat lol.
So you will have to excuse that, and he also has snowball's i am having trouble getting out at this moment.
he also need's to get his feet done

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Appy_luvr :D
i do agree, he has gained alot of poundage, and now i cant wait to ride him in the spring/summer ! Just to get him all fit and not such a bulging belly haha, although i would like abit more weight on him but he will get that no problem :)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
he looks so good. definantly has gained wait, alot of wait. I think he would make a nice jumper.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
He is a very pretty looking boy! He needs some muscling (So does my boy, don't worry!) But other than that I can't really critique.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd say he definitely at least 16 if not in his 20's. You'd have a better idea by looking at his teeth. Good job putting the weight on him!

If you want to go that route I think you're better off going for jumpers than hunters. I don't think he has the gaits for hunters and they don't care about how you get to or over the jump in jumping as long as you do it. :) This also depends a lot on if he can jump well and safely. A lot of horses who aren't bred for jumping and sports jump flat and dangle their legs. The leg danglers are dangerous since they can get caught up in a pole and flip.

He's got quite a dip behind his withers. What are you using pad wise when you ride him?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he was a rescue from the auction, but anyway's i cant tell by the teeth since he is a cribber.
The weight is still being put on, since he was very underweight etc.
I haven't ridden him yet, but i am going to probably be starting to ride him abit when it is spring/summer
i have definitally noticed the dip lol so im not sure how i will go about with that during riding, but ill figure something out.

He actually has very nice smooth looking gaits, there will be more video's and photo's of course, i have one coming up right away though

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No critique here, just wanted to say I looove his face, he just looks like hes a big sweetheart. I rememeber the pics of him when you first got him, he looks much better. I am looking forward to seeing pics of him in the spring when he fills in some more!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
He's looking better that's for sure! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like him! Great calm gentle eye...he seems very happy to have a home :)
I'm kinda concerned that because he still has a bit more weight to gain, but has a huge belly, I would say power-packing (7day worming) would be good as a skinny horse with big belly normally means worms

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have already wormed him.
I have owned him since november, so he has had tons to eat, even a whole round to himself of hay.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Well, he's never gonna win conformation shows, but hes kinda cute.

And savvy: THANK YOU for seeing that the poor thing needed dewormed. I thought I was gonna be the only one who noticed.. :/

·
Registered
107 Posts
he was a rescue from the auction, but anyway's i cant tell by the teeth since he is a cribber.
The weight is still being put on, since he was very underweight etc.
I haven't ridden him yet, but i am going to probably be starting to ride him abit when it is spring/summer
i have definitally noticed the dip lol so im not sure how i will go about with that during riding, but ill figure something out.

He actually has very nice smooth looking gaits, there will be more video's and photo's of course, i have one coming up right away though
Good. I look forward to seeing videos. Mainly of you being on him and asking for collection and extension. That'll be a big help in deciding if he has the stuff for hunters. :) I know my last horse didn't. He had lots of knee action and we both didn't like the slower paced nice looking kind of jumping and we'd get bored.

Have any poles to set up to start longing him over? I'd love to see him jumping.

I know you probably are already well aware but just to be sure make sure you put the weight on gradually. He's definitely looking a whole lot better since you got him. Shows what some good TLC can do. :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, he's never gonna win conformation shows, but hes kinda cute.

And savvy: THANK YOU for seeing that the poor thing needed dewormed. I thought I was gonna be the only one who noticed.. :/
This comment kind of really did bother me, He has really great confirmation, but that is not what i plan on showing him in, I have mentioned the ground is not even, it is bumpy and so forth.

And also i HAD mentioned that he was already dewormed,
Also to the comment about the poor thing, i do not see why you are saying this, as he is tooken great care of.
But i do plan on deworming him again, Sorry just had to express my feeling about this post.

To the other post, yes i do have post's that i can lunge him over, but due to the weather lol, i dont plan to start him till spring/summer.
he is pretty natural for collection when he runs though,

·
Banned
752 Posts
Great conformation? Okay, lets take a look at this.

Starting with the legs, I noticed in pictures 2, 3, 5, 8, and 10 he looks a bit over at the knee. In pictured 1 & 4 I notice that he toes out, which makes him appear to be base narrow, which could cause interfering or brushing as the horse moves. He also looks real cow-hocked in the photos where you have him moving, and also the 9th photo. He also looks bench-kneed in the picture of his front two.

Need I even go into how strait his shoulder is? Or how high-flanked he is? Or how much his withers are gonna jab into your tummy when he jumps?

This horse doesn't have great conformation.
I have nothing agains you or your horse, it just irks me when people say their horse has "great conformation" or whatever, when if it truly did it probably wouldn't be a backyard horse.

Not saying that all backyard horses have bad confo's, you could've just said your horse has decent confo though.

End rant.

(and thats just all my opinion)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow, can we say rude? How old are you? and who died and made you the conformation queen?

This horse is a rescue. This girl, out of the kindess in her heart, brought Indigo home and saved him from impending death at a slaughterhouse. It's not like she went out and dropped 20,000 dollars on this horse.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
While I don't agree with the way girl_on_black_pony made her point, you can't deny that she has one. Obviously the OP has done wonders with this rescue horse but you can NOT post pictures in the horse critique forum, ask for critique, and then get angry when people criticize your horse's conformation. If you (and I'm using the general "you," not referring specifically to the OP) only want to hear that your horse is perfect and has great conformation, I suggest you don't invite people to share their opinions.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.