The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
While I don't agree with the way girl_on_black_pony made her point, you can't deny that she has one. Obviously the OP has done wonders with this rescue horse but you can NOT post pictures in the horse critique forum, ask for critique, and then get angry when people criticize your horse's conformation. If you (and I'm using the general "you," not referring specifically to the OP) only want to hear that your horse is perfect and has great conformation, I suggest you don't invite people to share their opinions.

There is a difference between doing it tactfully and rudely.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And also the fact that my photos are NOT the best for confirmation, doesnt make the judgement completely true.
Either way, I could honestly care less if he is high withered, you get a certain saddle for it.

I honestly do love this horse more than the world, and he isnt the best confirmation wise, but to me he has REALLY good confirmation, if you were to see him in real life, Photo's dont do anything justice or actually give good for critiquing, IMHO
you would be suprised.

He is also no where NEAR cowhocked.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
if he has really good confo, why did you ask? BTW, he is beautiful! he looks a lot better than he did before!

·
Registered
602 Posts
He looks like a very sweet boy, cute fuzzy ears and a lovely expression. :]

He does however, have typical TB confo: high withers, a void from the withers to the sholder, and not the most beatiful muscled neck or topline. I do think his sholder looks nice and he probably is a smooth mover, but he doesn't look like a hunter to me. Some TB's make good hunters, but most of them are built like Warmbloods. Hunters is all about the look, and even though he is cute, he just doesn't seem to have the "wow" factor judges look for. The way his neck runs into his withers it will be hard for him to lower his head, round onto the bit and give that nice hunter frame. He does look worlds better from when you got him, I can see the hard work you've put into taking care of him and the love he recieves from you.

To me, he doesn't look wormy at all. He looks like he has a hay belly. Just like the rest of those fuzzy, cold Canadian horses. He is also filled out all over his body and not just his belly. Plus, the fur probably makes it look like it's bigger than it actually is. My guy looks the same way right now, of course until he gets clipped.

I do however, agree with previous posters about his feet. They do look a bit funky to me, and not because the ground is "bumpy". His feet have way too much toe and not enough heel. They are too long in the toe and therefor he looks a bit off when he moves or stands. It's mostly just on his front feet, his back feet have a fairly good toe-to-heel ratio. I'd talk to your farrier about leaving less toe and more heel for his next trim. This will keep him more balanced when he moves and will put less strain on his tendons. I also think he is presenting some "fake flaws" (just because of his poorly trimmed feet) when he stands.

He look great for his age and I do think he'll make a lovely lower level jumper. Just get those feet looked at and I suggest making sure the saddle fits impeccably before riding him. If the saddle is too wide, it'll hit his withers and if it's too narrow, it'll pinch his sholders. You might also need to special order a saddle to help fill those voids right by his withers. :] :]

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
^thank you Blush, JUST the critique i was looking for !

I will be getting the new farrier we are getting to do that for me, we fired our last one so we are going to be getting a new one
I havent had a farrier for him.. yet because when we got him apparently our farrier said his feet were just done, but who ever the last people who did own him use as a farrier, he did the most horrible screw up job in my opinion lol.

But he will be getting a farrier job soon, he need's a trim and his shoe's pulled, his sole's are getting soft and he has no need to have his shoe's on.

FORGOT To add on, that we measured him today and he is 16.2 HH

·
Banned
752 Posts
Look, okay? It's great that you took the horse in and rescued it. And he may have great conformation "to you", my original reply was how I personally see his conformation. Just because you see his conformation as great, doesn't mean it is; it just means that its great probably of what you've seen, JUST AS I am only comparing him to what I've seen. I never said I know everything, or even alot, and I'm sorry I couldn't tell you what you wanted to hear. That's the thing though, sometimes when asking for a critique you hear things you don't like. I'm not bashing you or your horse, I'm just doing what I was asked to do, which is to give my honest opinion.

And to SAMC230: I didn't say I was the queen of conformation, I only stated what I saw.. You inferred that yourself, apparently. But I do have experience with horses that cost more than "20,000 dollars" and have owned some in the high-end of the show world, mind you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
And to SAMC230: I didn't say I was the queen of conformation, I only stated what I saw.. You inferred that I though I was yourself, apparently. But I do have experience with horses that cost more than "20,000 dollars" and have owned some in the high-end of the show world, mind you.

Learn to say things politely. You obviously offended the thread creator. You have every right to give your opinion and she asked for a critique, but there was no reason to be as harsh as you were. And not sure what you're trying to say about the whole thinking you were me, or vice versa. Is that supposed to be an insult? Anyhow, be more polite next time. There is a huge thread in the general discussion forum about "ETIQUETTE" -- why don't you read that thread?

·
Banned
752 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion.

Anyway, good luck with your rescue, though IMO I don't think he'll serve the exact purpose you want him to.

GOBP

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
As a note, we got to meet this cutie today (yay, met someone off a forum) and he is NOT wormy. He's a rescue for crying out loud, he was skin and bones when she bought him. The belly is from his previous condition and from still needing a bit more weight around the rib area. I have no words on the critique, sometimes critiques are harsh, but the comment about deworming is downright rude. Try learning something about a person before you jump to assumptions about the care of their animals.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
^ Thank you Miko :)
i do look forward to seeing the photos from today ;)
But it isnt like i had posted not thinking i wouldnt get rude critiques, but some people do need to think of what they say, before they say them. I am a person who does take thing's to heart to be honest. So what you think could be something, is completely a different way in someone elses eyes.
Just a though :)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I posted in the pictures section! :D I got some lovely shots of you and Indigo, and an absolutely AMAZING pic of Pepper and the kitty cat! I didn't post them all, but I'll sned you the rest!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.