The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried (and failed) to get nice conformation pictures today. I had her nice and square at one point, but then they started pouring grain and she wouldn't keep still xD

For those who don't know, Leia is a 10yo American Saddlebred cross pony who I will be doing jumpers with this year and have shown hunters with all her life.

I know she's a bit upright and a hair downhill, but what else? I am thinking she's gonna be swaybacked later on in life.. Her grandmother is now incredibly swayback and I can already see a swoop forming..

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I hate these ones! Hardly anything to say!
Beautiful mare, nice front legs & backs, decent shoulder, nicely rounded hindquarters and a pretty head.
In the second-to-last photo she appears slightly long in the back, but then again she looks fine in the others

·
Registered
190 Posts
Aside from being upright and a hair downhill, she looks base narrow from behind and is it just me or does her neck and head look big in the 3rd and 4th picture? Gorgeous girl though :) No glaring faults that I can see. I like her shoulder.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At different angles, her head can appear bigger. The first one is more accurate proportion lol And yes, she's very narrowly built. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.