Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I asked for a critique. I'm riding Mack tomorrow so I thought it would be cool if I had some specific things to work on. These are some videos from a few weeks ago.

Trotting - I was working on getting him into a frame, and bending around the corners.

Cantering - I was working on keeping my leg still

Jumping - I was trying to work on my distances, going deep into the corners, and I was working on giving a good release.

Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
18 Posts
He doesnt seem to use his back end that much especially in trot! He undertracks a lot.
You kept your leg still in canter:)
you did a nice release:)
Well done:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry didnt watch all videos but something that stood out to me in the cantering one is the placement of your leg. Try bringinh it back underneath yourself more (line from shoulder hip heel etc). Another thing is you looked very stiff, esp in your hip (from bracing trying to stop lower leg moving). This causes a slight jerking of your upper body ( i got into a terrible yuck bad habbit similar to that from trying to brace myself to stop my horse rushing away in canter and its hard to break!) , alow your hips to rock with the horses movement which also will allow the horse to canter better.
Looking good though, hope i have helped haha =D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Your quite good! In the jumping one, I like the release, its something I struggle with. Your heels are nice and down. Your lower leg could be a bit more back, behind the girth.

In the canter, you sort of slouch. Sit back slightly, like lean back. He looks like he has a lovely canter, so collected, its like my boy Bishop :)

In the trotting one, open your shoulders more. He doesnt engage properly though, but still a very nice horse. Tuck your butt under you, that helps you sit straighter. But all in all, your a good rider =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.