The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not a lot...but is there anything you see that I can fix?

We don't ride in a little circle together normally...this was just my trainer teaching us something (I believe we had to turn without using inside rein, since we all have the bad habit of using that and nothing else) after our lesson.

I'm on the gigantic bay with the lime green saddle pad :) Don't critique miss Brookie, she's not mine.

Thank you!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks :) They used to be horrible, but I spent so much time working on them (and riding around and around in 2 point) so I'm glad they're finally getting somewhere :)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You look good... one think i would like to point out is your hands ... they are really stiff and notice that your elbows are almost locked at well. You don't want to loose your pretty arm but they need to be soft but still in the right position. Does that make sense?

I also feel like your leg needs to be under you more or you need to try and lost in the middle of the saddle and not so far back.

I think the above two are a reflection of your balance. If I was teaching you, I would take away your sturrups to get your balance or put you on a line so that you didn't have to worry about steering ... but don't get me wrong you aren't a bad rider :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You look good... one think i would like to point out is your hands ... they are really stiff and notice that your elbows are almost locked at well. You don't want to loose your pretty arm but they need to be soft but still in the right position. Does that make sense?

I also feel like your leg needs to be under you more or you need to try and lost in the middle of the saddle and not so far back.

I think the above two are a reflection of your balance. If I was teaching you, I would take away your sturrups to get your balance or put you on a line so that you didn't have to worry about steering ... but don't get me wrong you aren't a bad rider :D
lol yeah I wasn't sure what to do with my hands during this (my trainer kinda explained as we went, and this was the beginning) so I can understand that.

GR my leg has been a problem for me since day 1 (literally. I have pictures from my first lesson where it's waaay out in front of me) I did notice that, though. Probably cause I wasn't making any effort to keep my leg back... -_- If I do, it's better - more like this.

Unfortunately I physically cannot ride without stirrups, but my trainer has me doing other things to regain my balance. I took the winter off riding [just started back in the middle of April], so I'm still getting back into shape hahaha.

thank you!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Dont forget those heals when you have your leg under you more :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that was just an awkward picture. (generally, by looking at myself in the mirror, my heels are down) Here's a picture that was taken like 30 seconds after the first one I showed you...horrible picture for the most part but that's where my heels like to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.