The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simon is 11YO , gelding from Alota ********** out of Zippos Classic Gold. He's been out of work for about a year and I just lunged him today. Was wondering what you guys see ? Good and bad.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
He looks much better than the last pictures I saw of him about 6 months ago!

·
Registered
123 Posts
He's definitely handsome :)

Good:

He has nicely straight, long legs.
Well angled pasterns.
He has a good-looking back and withers.
He has a cute face :)

Definitely looks athletic! :)

Bad:

His back is a little dipped.
His neck is rather thin, which can be improved through topline stretches.
He looks like he's a bit camped out, but that could be the way he's standing :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks much better than the last pictures I saw of him about 6 months ago!
We've been working VERY hard! It's so hard to keep weight on him and keep his feet in working condition etc. thank you for noticing !!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is too nice of a horse to not keep him in work. (but I am sure you had your reasons)
He had back to back abscesses which took up half the time and when we resected the hoof wall he had about half a hoof wall left so that had to grow back and get shoes on etc etc .
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Well whatever you have been doing is surely helping! His condition is very nice now and he sure looks like he feels better. How are his hooves doing these days? The back ones are looking good, can't see the fronts though.

Conformation-wise I think he's a decent horse. He is a little light boned but his legs are correct. His back legs might toe out just a touch too much, but its nothing terrible. I can't really comment on his shoulder- in some pictures it looks kind of steep, in others it looks fine. Again, he looks so much better than he did. I'm not sure I would have recognized him!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well whatever you have been doing is surely helping! His condition is very nice now and he sure looks like he feels better. How are his hooves doing these days? The back ones are looking good, can't see the fronts though.

Conformation-wise I think he's a decent horse. He is a little light boned but his legs are correct. His back legs might toe out just a touch too much, but its nothing terrible. I can't really comment on his shoulder- in some pictures it looks kind of steep, in others it looks fine. Again, he looks so much better than he did. I'm not sure I would have recognized him!
His feet are doing tons better ! New farrier , supplements , special shoes and a STRICT farrier schedule. Every four weeks ON THE DOT. I'll keep everyone updated when we hit major milestones ! (We're moving soon, AHH!!)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.