The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
1) Showmanship (looks like you're showing showmanship anyway ;D)... You crossed in front WAAAAAY too early!!! It's always good to hesitate before crossing in front, because some judges stop right behind the horse, and if you cross over early, you get points deducted. The halter fits his head poorly. You need a smaller size / more holes. You need to work on making him stand under himself - he's quite camped out. And SMILE! Show those teeth, judges lurv it. And stand up super, ridiculous straight. Bum out, shoulders back, with your hands presenting your horse.

Same for your riding - your shoulders look hunched forward, try bringing them back.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
You look like you are hunching in the riding picture, you need to sit up straight.

·
Registered
251 Posts
1) You need to work on making him stand under himself - he's quite camped out.
I believe that is the breed of horse she is showing, and thats how they 'set up' properly. They square them up then 'Park' them out.

He looks like a morgan/saddlebred/one of those 'park horse' breeds to me anyway :-|

Edit to add:
I was right, he is a National show horse. he is set up correctly for his breed. He could even park out more...

A good example is Battaglia Farm's (http://www.battagliafarms.com/) http://www.arabhorse.com/arabian-horse-farm/battaglia-farms Revival

·
Registered
286 Posts
It looks like to me he's somewhere in between parking out and standing square. Though, personally, to me he looks closer to standing square then he does to parking out.

Also, it looks like your leg is a little forward and your toes are a little stuck out. It's hard for me to see your hands to critique them. Other than that (and your shoulders which other people mentioned) you look good.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Exactly what Silly Bunny said. If it's a 4H show where she's competing against stock breeds, she will get deducted.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Exactly what Silly Bunny said. If it's a 4H show where she's competing against stock breeds, she will get deducted.
Not at our 4h shows. Your horse should be represented as the breed he or she is... not as somthing it is not. :D

I know around here the stock breeds (Qh, App, or Paints) do get looked at perhaps a little more than the saddleseat horses... but the horse is STILL a National Show Horse and I think he should be shown as one...

And you don't know if she is at a 4h show, or an open show, or at some National Show Horse show!

but thats jmo

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actualy we usualy set national show horses up like arabians because they are half. i show him hunter anyways so he is definatley not supposed to parked out lol. i was trying to square him cuz i didnt teach him how to set up like an arab yet lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.